Hey Just joined

Ekhewson
Ekhewson Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hey everyone,

thought I come and say hi I’m Eric 30 years old and I had a nasty house fire where I had to jump from second floor window I broke both my ankles and left tibir the left was operated on but couldn’t do anything for the right ankle and arthritis has set in causing me great load of pain.

looking to get advise as mentally it’s been a real struggle I used to be really active but I now lucky if I can walk around the block and have to use an electric chair to get about.

I won’t ever be able to go back to my normal line of work which is hard and at 30 I’m just hoping to hear from others I’m lucky I suppose as I’m still alive but it’s still very hard to come to terms with.

Comments

• Aj_x
    Aj_x Member Posts: 206

Good Morning @Ekhewson

Firstly, I would like to say "Well Done" for taking that first step and joining us at the Online Community Forum.

Jumping from the 2nd floor, that very brave of you. As you say you are still alive.

I take it everything have happened in a bit of a whirlwind and there is so much to take in at such a young age (I can say that because I am older than you) 😁

I have attached the link for the forum Chat to our Helpline. It might be worth you posting in there.

Chat to our Helpline Team — Versus Arthritis

However, if it is someone that you would like to talk to then here is the Helpline number: Helpline 0800 5200 520

Also, one final thing I have attached the link for the Let's Move Forum. They deal with so many people with different types of arthritis and mobility needs. I'm sure they will be able to help you.

Let's Move — Versus Arthritis

Stay Safe

AJ_x