Reaction to Covid jab

Options

Hi, I have OA in many joints. Recently diagnosed in neck and spine. I had my first Covid jab yesterday and was impressed with efficiency of the system. Feeling fine afterwards I went straight back to my car but had to sit down due to lightheadedness - nothing serious but taken back inside and monitored. All was well for the rest of the day but had a bad night with great discomfort in upper back and neck - has anyone reported a flare up of OA after the jab or was this unrelated?

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 680
    edited 7. Feb 2021, 11:39
    Options

Hi @prymly 

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum. 

I see that you have OA and had your first Covid jab yesterday after which you have experienced some discomfort. You are wondering if any forum members have experienced flare ups following their Covid vaccine injection. 

I hope that other forum members can provide you with feedback on their own post vaccine injection experiences that help to answer your question. 

This link to our website doesn’t directly answer your question but it may be worth your while monitoring this section for future Covid related information: 

It may be a good idea for you to post your question in the following forum topic as well https://community.versusarthritis.org/categories/covid-19-corona-virus

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi prymy,

Thank you for posting on the helpline forum, I am sorry to hear that you were not feeling well after you had the covid injection. Because we are not all the same, everyone reacts differently to medications and treatments. If you are still experiencing these symptoms, we would suggest that you contact your health care team.

The information on the Versus arthritis website (Vaccines for covid-19 your questions answered) is as below:

The person giving you the vaccine will be able to let you know about any side effects that you can expect, and these may differ depending on which of the vaccines you have. It is common to have some pain at the injection site following a vaccination. If you have any adverse reactions to the vaccine, it’s important to tell a healthcare professional so they can report it to the Yellow Card Scheme. Anyone is free to use the scheme to report adverse reactions, but it’s still important to tell a healthcare professional if this happens to you.

As ChrisB has mentioned there may be other forum members that will be able to share their experiences.

Best wishes

Chris

Helpline Advisor

• joe
    joe Member Posts: 3
    Options

Prymly, I had my first CoVid-19 shot on Feb. 3 and

had the same reaction: I had to lay down on my

bed for 3 to 4 hours with severe back and neck pain.