Diagnosis

Options

I have rheumatoid arthritis with lupus and scleroderma overlap...is it common to have overlaps......have difficulty with medication tolerance level low. Grateful for any advice.

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Good Morning @Robin65 it's good to meet you and welcome you to the Online Community.

While you are waiting for the Helpline Team to get back to you I am attaching some information about Scleroderma Systemic sclerosis | Scleroderma | Versus Arthritis says about 1 in 5 people will also have symptoms of another condition such as Lupus.

It is extra tough when you struggle with tolerance to medications. If you are happy to share which medications you are struggling with it's possible our members might have tips/experience to help you with them - just post in the Life with Arthritis Category and I am sure people will respond if they can help.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi Robin65,

Thank you for posting on the Helpline Forum. I am sorry to hear you are struggling with more than one arthritic condition. It sounds as if you are going through a tough time. As Ellen has said, about 1 in 5 people with Scleroderma will also have symptoms of another condition such as Lupus. It can be very difficult when you are struggling with intolerance to medications. It sounds as if it would be good to talk things through with your rheumatology nurse and GP. I hope the information given below will be of some help. We are not medically trained.

If at any point you would like to talk about your arthritis informally and in confidence, you are welcome to call our Free Helpline on 0800 5200 520 weekdays 9am – 8pm. You may also be interested in posting on our Living with Arthritis forum where people who have been living with arthritis for many years post messages, ask questions and support each other. 

I hope this is of some help.

Best wishes,

Fiona, Helpline Advisor