Pregablin

My GP has put me on pregablin and all it seems to have done is help me gain weight, I don't think it's helping with my pain at all. I have had to give up work as the osteoarthritis has spread into my spine and neck and shoulders. I used to work in a busy pharmacy and I was in constant agony. I have had raynauds since I was a teenager and I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia recently but the rheumatologist thought I had, had it for a few years. I am so tired of living in chronic pain every day can anyone suggest anything to help. I also have hypertension so can't take Nsaids 😪😪

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Ask for a referral to your local Pain Clinic, they will be able to prescribe different meds and treatments which may help.

• Hi WendyE, 

Thank you for posting on our Helpline Forum. I am sorry to hear Pregabalin hasn’t helped and you are experiencing so much pain that you had to give up work. It sounds as if you are going through a tough time.  

As Mike1 has said, it may help to ask your GP to refer you to your local Pain Clinic to review your medication and explore other treatment options. A healthy balanced diet and trying to lose some weight may help to put less strain on your joints. The right kind of exercise, a little each day, may make a difference too. A physiotherapy referral may be worth considering.

If at any point you would like to talk about your arthritis informally and in confidence, you are welcome to call our Free Helpline on 0800 5200 520 weekdays 9am – 8pm. You may also be interested in posting on our Living with Arthritis forum where people who have been living with arthritis for many years post messages, ask questions and support each other.

I hope the information given below will be of some help. 

Best wishes,

Fiona, Helpline Advisor