One of the many thousands waiting hip replacement

Am glad in a way ... waiting as such a coward

noone to care for me

luckily creative person but still low

was shocked offered an operation but decided to wait when offered for three months but very scared

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 791
    edited 12. Feb 2021, 19:15

Hi @Serenasj

Have welcomed you on your other post but i see you have been offered a hip op and are thinking about it.Just to say i have had a complete Hip Op and i have never looked back as after 6 weeks of recovering and exercises i am pain free i too was scared but am so glad i had my op.

Hip replacement surgery | Treatment options | Versus Arthritis

Here is a link to help you decide it is better some times to know what will happen.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Hi @Serenasj

Thank you for posting on the forum. 

I am sorry you are worried about having hip replacement surgery. It’s entirely understandable to be concerned and I hope Christine’s reply and the link she sent has given you some comfort.

You are very welcome to call us on our freephone helpline: 0800 5200 520 so you can talk things through with one of our helpline team. 

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Mags

Helpline Team

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406

Hi Serenasj

every surgical procedure is scary but these days they do them all the time and I’m sure everything will be ok and you will be pain free when all is healed I had my gallbladder removed last year I was petrified but the end result was no more pain so try to think of the end result 😊

love Jona