Suffering bad today

Options
Stoicone
Stoicone Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Spent most of last night up late in pain after shopping meds hardly working dad of four under ten .swollen today hands esp bad phoned helpline nurses and doc nothing ....till Monday most likely. Good job I'm an old veteran to pain battled it all my life .doesn't stop it hurting any less or wiping me out but stuff to do kids to keep good this lockdown madness is so thing else .my brain is fried but still get up and get on ...I'm one finger typing this 🤣👍 Dave 37. Dad of four wee crazy heads.

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317
    Options

Hello @Stoicone.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your current experience with us.

I understand that you are really suffering with your pain today and that your hands are particularly bad at the moment. Im sorry you didn't have any luck with the helpline nurses or doctors when you spoke to them earlier. Sounds like you have a busy household with four under ten's running around so it must be especially hard when lacking sleep and in pain.

Below is the link to some information about the Versus Arthritis helpline that may be beneficial to you. Even if you just want to chat and air how you are feeling. They are open Monday to Friday from 9am till 8pm.

In the mean time, Ive included a link to some gentle exercises for your hands that you may find helpful.

I hope this information is of help to you but please visit the main website where this is a lot more. Also please feel free to join in on the forum as there are a lot of people that experience similar pain who you may be interested in talking to.

Thank you once again for sharing your story with us and please come back and let us know how you are getting on.

Take care

Anne (Moderator)

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406
    Options

Hi Stoicone

I fully understand I too get wiped out very easily just sometimes doing the simple things I’m very lucky my son is so supportive but I feel really guilty and frustrated I can’t do what I want I’ve constantly got a hot water bottle stuck to my back ice packs or a packet of garden peas wrapped in a tea towel help with the swelling and pain in my hands too

I don’t think it helps anyone losing sleep tbh makes things feel worse but well done you for coping through with 4 children can be very challenging but speak to people here we all have different coping mechanisms and they are an amazing bunch

take care and stay strong sending hugs

Jona 😊