Hello Iam new here

Options
Jadelady73
Jadelady73 Member Posts: 61
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi iam new to this group and i have oa in my knees I need some advice on knees giving away that is my worse fear can anyone offer some advice thanks

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hi @Jadelady73

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis Online Community. I see you have Osteoarthritis in your knees and fear them giving way.

While you're waiting for our members to come along with their experience I am linking this information in for you to read:Osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee | Knee pain | Versus Arthritis Do have a look it really is very informative.

A fear of the knees giving way is totally understandable. If you haven't already maybe seeing a physiotherapist might be wise. They can advise on walking aids as well as exercises to help.

Do please have a look around the forum and join in wherever you feel comfortable.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• remmingtonwildhunter
    Options

Welcome to the group,when you say your knees giving way do you fall over if or when you turn is it both legs...

Have you twisted in the past and collapsed or a sporting injury..

The reason i asked is i had my r,leg twisted in a water polo game and my cruciate ligament was popped and i had instabillity in my leg ie if i turned or had extra weight ie lifted my young daughter then i collapsed...

If these symptoms are like ypurs see your gp i got refered in the end to RNOH Stanmore...

Hope this in helps Peter...