Hello from the Mad Medic

Options
MadMedic
MadMedic Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Greetings one and all, as can be seen from my User Name I am a "Medic" whatever that means.......although because of my OA no longer operational.

I am a 54y/o male, living in the Home Counties, Electrical Technician by trade, Medic by choice and have been suffering from OA to a greater or lesser degree for about thirty odd years now! Funnily enough the pain is starting to get me down just a tad so I thought I'd say Hi on here and see where we go from there.......

Look forward to chatting & interacting

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 680
    Options

Hi @MadMedic and welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum – interesting username.

I note that you’re a long-term OA sufferer and the pain is starting to get you down. I hope that by sharing your situation with other forum members you gain some useful feedback that helps you manage your condition.

If you haven’t already visited our website then these links may be of interest:

I hope you find chatting to others beneficial.

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406
    Options

Hi MadMedic,

Happy to hear from you, mine started about 8 years ago and it drove me mad trying to get to the bottom of what was wrong and why I was getting all this pain I’ve had comments like oh it’s a bit of arthritis or what do you expect your getting on a bit now so annoying it does get you down dealing with pain all the time but I’ve found a lot of lovely people here and I’m sure if we keep talking about it together as there are so many of us in the same position we can find ways to deal with things

try to keep your chin up I find these days though I’m looking more at the floor with the deterioration in my neck but I never find that fiver though 😊

keep smiling

Jona 😊

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options

Hi @MadMedic

Welcome to the forum from me too!

This is a lovely place to be - so many friendly and supportive people. Not full of doom and gloom as i think I feared when I first looked in a few years ago😉But full of tips distraction fun and most of all understanding🙂

Do have a look around and join in wherever you fancy.