Osteoarthritis of hips, knees, hands and base of spine

Linds01
Linds01 Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi my name is Linda . I have just had to finish work because of my osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia. The last 6months have been so cruel and the pain really bad. I haven’t spoke to a Dr face to face because of Covid and am waiting for steroid injections in my hips . I can’t have a hip replacement as my BMI is to high. I would really like some advice off anyone who as had these injections and did they help? Also any advice of diet and exercise whilst I so much pain .

Thankyou

Comments

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406

Hi Linda,

Welcome and I’m so sorry your suffering so much, I’m afraid I’m not good at attaching links to this but someone will put something on soon, I’ve had cortisone injections in my shoulder and elbow they helped for a while a few weeks and it was great to get some relief from the pain

Diet and exercise are good but only if you can phone your gp ask for a referral to the pain clinic they will advise you better but I believe there is a waiting list in the meantime ask receptionist at gp practice if you can speak to a dr that has an interest in osteoarthritis and for a double appt and write down what you want to say

im glad you have reached out there are amazing peeps here you are not alone and big hugs to you

stay strong

Jona 😊

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Hi @Linds01

Linda 🙂

It's lovely to meet you. You sound to be suffering a lot I hope the injection helps you some people get months and months of relief form the jabs some just don't I hope you do🤞

Long term though you need to be able to get your BMI down to get the surgery you need. People have managed it on here and are really inspiring. I would never have thought people could achieve so much but they have

Some did WW some SW. I watched these people week in week out losing weight and gaining confidence.

If you decide to go for it you must let us all know how you get on,