Hello. New diagnosis

Ladear
Ladear Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hello, I have recently been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis after some years of pains that haven’t been able to be linked to any confirmation or form of diagnosis. I’m mid 30 and so it feels a little scary, but nice have some answers finally (albeit not the best ones)

I would say lucky this is still the binging of the journey, and the pains are still minimal in some respects. New medication started so hoping for some positives

Comments

• Cribbo17
    Cribbo17 Member Posts: 8

Hello Ladear,

Im a newbie too also with psoriatic arthritis I have only recently been officially diagnosed and on medication after two surgeries for septic arthritis. I have had a few bumps trying to get settled on the meds but recently joined this forum. I have found it helpful with lots of friendly advice.

I hope you get settled ok on meds and get some relief from you symptoms.

take care

Cribbo

• Wellcome Cribbo, I hope all is well.

• Hi @Ladear,

Welcome to the online community! It's lovely to have you here.

I see that you have been recently diagnosed with PA. Its normal to find it scary, but you have done well to get a diagnosis as the sooner you can find your treatment, the better.

Here is a nice overview of psoriatic arthritis: Psoriatic arthritis | Psoriatic arthritis | Causes, symptoms, treatments (versusarthritis.org), and here is a page which has a video with experiences and tips from people who have PA: All about psoriatic arthritis (versusarthritis.org).

Perhaps you could try tracking your symptoms? It might help to bring a record to your next appointment so that they can make the best decisions for your treatment. Versus arthritis has a tracking app (Arthritis tracker) which is marketed to under 25s, but I have heard from people of all ages that it is very useful.

Do let us know how you get on with your treatment. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy browsing the online community - as @Cribbo17 says, it is a friendly place :)

Best wishes,

Sarah (mod) x