Val's Cafe

Comments

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    edited 27. Feb 2021, 21:29

some more old pictures for you top 2 are eldest Gd And grandson and bottom picture is grandson and youngest granddaughter with eldest Gd in the background outside where we live now.

Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 28. Feb 2021, 06:35

Joan 11 puppies!!! Oh yes please all chocolate labs! Sigh..... Is it all cosy now in the whole house? 🙂 Finally after how many years of trying?! ((())) xxx

Oh dear Barbara most frustrating having to amend typos when you eyes are poorly. Do you remember Dorcas? She used some software because of her hands I wonder what that was.

Yes we must go to the Pusskin café in Budapest when Kath takes us back.

I want to get my hands on those puppies too imagine 11 chocolate lab puppies on your lap🤗

At least Lucy will have her vaccination way before the majority in their 20's She is safe enough here. Paul is struggling well he was yesterday it hit him in the afternoon back and neck ache feeling shivery. Gave him some paracetamol and two of my wheaties and left him to sleep it off. Still a bit rough at bedtime, but i expect he will be ok today or tomorrow.🤞

Morning Carol How lovely having your lunch outside on the patio! I need your sympathy as this year our garden is being 'done' to make it more usable for us. It was worth what you went through last year to be able to do that 🙂

I am sorry Mr T is still struggling. This situation just isn't good for any of us. He liked doing his own thing and you did too knitting club coffees out etc ((())) for you.

Ah yes Miss Cookie has indeed been out with Sleek and they have been to Aunty Kath's. They are going to go to Aunty Kari's this week to meet Mrs Darcey and do some 'art-work'🤔 She loves your chair. I rather think it belongs to both of you now.

White and grey yes ideal 'safe' colours for a newborn. get those needles clicking my girl! Oh! Will cookie try to play with the wool I wonder!

Fabulous news about your compensation i do remember you being thrown out of your seat on the bus. I bet we all do it was shocking. Well I hope you treat yourself now a bit.

Loving the photos you found they are great! How time does fly the Grandchildren are having children now 🙂The one of Mr T's 60th was before you lost your weight you look good in it and still look the same now except a bit thinner.

I missed Captain Tom's funeral. God bless him I suppose i could watch it on youtube too.

Hope all is well with Mike and Vixen ((())) thinking of Elliott and family too.

Kath I don't know if this opened only on this page but I posted a pic yesterday of a café in Hungary for us to visit. Oh maybe we should go to Aidan's beloved France too after there? He used to live In Monflanquin. I hope you and Chris are well and you enjoyed your web-free Saturday.

Well it's Sunday so time for a cooked breakfast 🍳

Goes without saying vegan/veggie options available......

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Hope all is well with Mike and Vixen ((())) thinking of Elliott and family too.

Me and the cat are bearing up under the strain thanks, and thanks for your good wishes for the lad.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899

Good morning everyone

Barbara ((())) I feel so sorry for you ((())) you can't even see the dog not nice what about the back garden ((()))

Love to Mr B ((())) and Niamh ((())) your son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari (((()) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Love to Bill ((())) Chris (((())) Carol ((()))) Mig ((())) Mike ((())) and Elliott ((())) Kath ((())) Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583

Morning everyone, We are to have our boiler serviced on Wednesday. We aren't happy abput it as we are shielding. But we've put them off twice and they are threatening further action if we don't let them in this time, so needs must I'm afraid!

Holly and I have been having quite motherly/granddaughter type chats on FB and shared photos. It's been lovely.

Joan, I am so pleased you have working radiators at last, and your friend now has 11 puppies. Are they all chocolate coloured?

Barbara, I'm always making typos. It really annoys me, as I used to be a professional copy typist (on a typewriter) It was a job I loved but I couldn't do it now. Can't even touch type now.

Toni, I'm not surprised Sleek would like breakfast in a cafe called PUSKIN so let's go back to Hungary right this minute.

The Roman Empire conquered the territory west of the Danube River between 35 and 9 BC. From 9 BC to the end of the 4th century AD, Pannonia, the western part of the Carpathian Basin, was part of the Roman Empire. After the Western Roman Empire collapsed in the 5th century AD under the stress of the migration of Germanic tribes and Carpian pressure, the Migration Period continued to bring many invaders into Central Europe, beginning with the Hunnic Empire (c. 370–469). The most powerful ruler of the Hunnic Empire was Attila the Hun (434–453) who later became a central figure in Hungarian mythology. After the disintegration of the Hunnic Empire, the Gepids, an Eastern Germanic tribe, who had been vassalized by the Huns, established their own kingdom in the Carpathian Basin. Other groups which reached the Carpathian Basin in the Migration Period were the GothsVandalsLombards, and Slavs. In the 560s, the Avars founded the Avar Khaganate, a state that maintained supremacy in the region for more than two centuries. The Franks under Charlemagne defeated the Avars in a series of campaigns during the 790s. By the mid-9th century, the Balaton Principality, also known as Lower Pannonia, was established west of the Danube river as part of the Frankish March of Pannonia. The First Bulgarian Empire conquered the lands east of the Danube river and took over rule of the local Slavic tribes and remnants of the Avars.

By SzentKorona_elől.jpg: hu:Szerkesztő:Tolfavi (a kép szerzője; feltöltő a magyar nyelvű Wikipédiában)derivative work: CSvBibra (talk) - SzentKorona_elől.jpg, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=9547234

By toldym - Indafotó, CC BY-SA 2.5 hu, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=17146701

By SANYI - EVZARO., CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=4215583

By Misibacsi from the Hungarian Wikipedia, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=3853268

By PDXdj at English Wikipedia, CC BY 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=11687116

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280

Evening all what a beautiful day..we went to the flash has it called to feed the swans and have some fresh air..never seen so many people..the ice-cream man couldn't stop smiling..😅

Joan if I see our neighbours at the front that will be OK cause it's a little fence😁I understand them being young and wanting privacy.. I remember it well..😁xx

Carol I am glad you are getting thr compensation..i rambert you broke your walker....

Cookie has really settled in bless.. abd the photos are so nice..how quick does 14 years go xx

Toni I am still looking for the best reader..I keep praying the deteriation will slow down

I hope Paul's feels better today I think it must be doing it jobs if he has side effects..ooh thankyou for breakfast goid job niamh was here..🤣 xx

Kath it's really nice ti see Holly..I like putting faces to people..😁all the 8nfo was very interesting..dud you see the photo today of a roman chariot they found in pompei.. and more or less intact..xx

Right thats me

Love to all xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton

An early tulip and cuppa each.

Joan I went for a walk with P yesterday and her dog which was lovely in the sun. I hope all is well with you and Sue and the carers ((())) xxx

Kath I think it's so lovely that Holly has you to be a surrogate Mum and Grandma 👵 for her and the girls. She really looks a lovely girl and deserves support.

Sleek loved the Pusikin café in Hungary. Thank you so much for letting us go again! Sleek ate so much that she fell asleep in the back pack and saw very little of our tourist walk.

I've been to at least two of the fabulous buildings their sort of parliament building and the sort of Military square. In fact the latter specifically because the road name nearby is my birth surname before marriage 🙂

When the boiler men come just open all doors and windows where they need to be and you go in another room. When they've gone wipe all door handles down and anything you think they've touched. It will be ok ((()))

Barbara I hope the deterioration slows down in your eyes. Can that happen? Do you use your mobile to post now?

I understand your neighbours wanting privacy I did too when I was younger now I am happy for a chat 😀 Well i can talk for England as you know! They probably don't believe the dog doesn't annoy you and think you are being polite too.

Paul is much much better now thank you he took it steady yesterday, but managed a walk in the morning. I went with P in the afternoon. We did some leaves with inspirational words on and popped them around the village for people to find. You know like the chap in Wigan does?

Mike I am glad you and Vixen are doing ok. Did you have some sunshine over the weekend? You must post a pic of your fairies in the garden in here probably on-one except me has seen them!

Love to Carol I hope all is well with you all ((()))

Right better get something done!

I'm cold!

• Kitty

Toni, when the boiler man comes he will be up in the cupboard where the boiler is and most of the time we will be downstairs, but I want to watch him most of the time as I want to make sure he doesn't change any settings. They often do, cheeky whatsits. I shall wear one of my Macmillan masks and I'm sure he will wear a mask too. I'll try not to cough all over him. I couldn't resist sharing the photo of Holly and the girls. She's planning a few days in Skeggy after June 21st. I think we might go there today.

Skegness  is a seaside town and civil parish in the East Lindsey District of Lincolnshire, England. On the Lincolnshire coast of the North Sea, the town is 43 miles (69 km) east of Lincoln and 22 miles (35 km) north-east of Boston. With a population of 19,579 as of 2011, it is the largest settlement in East Lindsey. It also incorporates Winthorpe and Seacroft, and forms a larger built-up area with the resorts of Ingoldmells and Chapel St Leonards to the north. The town is on the A52 and A158 roads, connecting it with Boston and the East Midlands, and Lincoln respectively. Skegness railway station is on the Nottingham to Skegness (via Grantham) line.

The original Skegness was situated farther east at the mouth of The Wash. Its Norse name refers to a headland which sat near the settlement. By the 14th century, it was a locally important port for coastal trade. The natural sea defences which protected the harbour eroded in the later Middle Ages, and it was lost to the sea after a storm in the 1520s. Rebuilt along the new shoreline, early modern Skegness was a small fishing and farming village, but from the late 18th century members of the local gentry visited for holidays. The arrival of the railways in 1873 transformed it into a popular seaside resort. This was the intention of the 9th Earl of Scarbrough, who owned most of the land in the vicinity; he built the infrastructure of the town and laid out plots, which he leased to speculative developers. This new Skegness quickly became a popular destination for holiday-makers and day trippers from the East Midlands factory towns. By the interwar years the town was established as one of the most popular seaside resorts in Britain. The layout of the modern seafront dates to this time and holiday camps were built around the town, including the first Butlin's holiday resort which opened in Ingoldmells in 1936. The following pictures are ours from 2007.

Compass Gardens

Tower Gardens

the rest are from Wikipedia.

Clock Tower

Skegness Pier

Two of the donkeys

Sleek will love this place. But I should keep her safe as the penguins and seals might get a bit stroppy.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Mike1

Mike I am glad you and Vixen are doing ok. Did you have some sunshine over the weekend? You must post a pic of your fairies in the garden in here probably on-one except me has seen them!

Plenty of sun over the weekend and Vixen even laid out in it for a while. Here are some of the fairies that live in my garden which they share with the gnomes of course!

• barbara12

Evening all

Toni no my eyes will continue to get worse.. I can hardly make out faces now.. very strange they are like grey blobs

But I am glad P had a nice walk. Uts been beautiful weather..and Paul us feeling better xx

Mike I adore the fairies 🧚‍♀️😍..I tell our gd we have them hiding ..she keeps looking in the hedgehogs house ..glad to hear you are both OK xx

Karh we gave spent many holidays in Skegness..we used to take our sons ti Butlins abd then grandchildren the photos brought back many happy memories thankyou xx

Has Joan not been on hope all us OK xx

Love to everyone.xxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton

Oh Gosh no Joan 🤔 that's a worry😯 I hope everything is ok Joan with you and Sue and that the carers are all well? ((())) xxx

Mike thanks for the pic of the fairies! Of course te elves are lurking somewhere 😉I'm glad Vixen had a sunbathe. She said she doesn't want the tourists coming back Cornish sun is for Cornish people - and cats.

Kath I love Skeggy! Doesn't everyone? I'd go there like a shot if I could. The kids went to Butlins there a few times and I had a great friend who I used to help (he had MS) who lived there. RIP Ernie God bless.

Sleek was very happy at natureland - she had a chat with the Meerkats and loved the whiskers on the seals. I held her paw though to keep her inquisitive nose away for safety's sake!

She enjoyed her ride on the donkeys and said she hopes Holly's girls will enjoy one too. She's seen them of course in the area by yours. Of course you must sneak a pic in!

Yes I do hope you didn't cough on the boilerman and you are all safe and serviced by the next time it's needed we should all be much safer.

Barbara we also had fairies in the garden when the girls were little! We had a fairy tree and they used to have sandwiches underneath it. They used to leave evidence and footprints....mostly glitter! I love that Niamh can still be enchanted by things like that 😍

It was cold for us yesterday foggy and overcast all day hoping today will be way better. The motorhome arrives today!!!!!!!!!!!1 Yippee! Can't wait. I can play house now😁

I am so sorry it's hard to make out faces now this is so unfair when they can fix cataracts you'd think they could help you 😒

Love of course to Carol and family I hope all is well and you have chosen your knitting pattern?

Having a spot of trouble uploading my pics very odd...says gateway timeout wonder if my internet is abit slow this morning....

Well it's SCRAMBLED eggs on toast anyway!

• dachshund

Good morning everyone I was on yesterday it came up again you have not got permission to do that and so I could not post thank you for thinking about us ((()))

Kath ((())) thank you for the photo of Holly ((())) and her girls ((())) it's nice to put a picture to a name. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val (((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) sorry about your eyes ((())) how do you manage the cooking ((())) love to your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni (((())) have you got your results back from track and trace yet ((())) love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    edited 2. Mar 2021, 13:09

Joan thanks our results are all negative. I get that sign sometimes when I post but it's when I am accidentally not logged in to the site. Glad you're ok anyway we were a bit worried. ((())) xxx

• Kitty

Joan, so lovely you managed to log in today. I hope you are both well.

Barbara, it must be awful only seeing blobs. My sight is bad, but although I can't make out features, I doknow I'm looking at a face.

Toni, I'm a supporter of Natureland and will get some free tickets for it. I will give them to Holly when she goes in the summer. I also have a Fairy House,

No trip today,sorry. We've just been filling in the census online.

• barbara12

Afternoon all

Another lovely day..hope it carryd on

Toni I bet you are the scrambled egg..😅

So your motor home arrived today..now that is exciting 😁😁you can start planning were you will go ..fingers crossed

Sadly there is nothing ti help macula..but I will keep hoping abs plodding on 😁😁

I see you went to Butlins ..I bet the people you took had a brilliant time..so sad that one passed away 😪 x

Now you have given me an idea with the fairies ..Niamh will ge delighted.. xx

Joan has long as you are ok ..di you have our sunshine..its nice in it but chilly when not ..I managed cooking ok wuth some help..my magnifier..love to all of you xx

Kath we used to love seeing the baby seal in skeggy...I am sure Holly will love going there with the little ones xx

Love to all xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton

All these fairies Kath I had no idea they were in your garden too.....!

Haven't had our census forms to fill in yet, but should be easy enough I hope. Fingers 🤞

How lovely that Holly and the girls can go to natureland if they are like me when mine were little that sort of thing would be way out of reach so that is so kind.

I'm glad you can at least see faces this is so unfair our eyesight is so important 😔 Oh...Sleek says she'll be your 'guide cat'🤔I'd be careful she can get distracted. Discatted?

Barbara I would have eaten the scrambled eggs but they aren't vegan. I can and do make some out of chick pea (gram) flour though!

I'll try again today although I think it was bad internet here probably.

Yes fairy dust is glitter.....used doll's feet to make footprints in the glitter too and sometimes - usually when teeth were under pillows the fairies wrote notes in teeeeeny tiiiiiny writing!

The motorhome is HERE!!!!!!!!! I love it and will have to 'play house' until we are allowed to drive it. Buying plastic plates online etc!

Hi Mike I know you pop by!

Love alos to Carol

Right this is a short message for me sorry I being boring🤔

Ah yes I replied to Joan yesterday !

Yippee! it works!

• Mike1

Hi Mike I know you pop by!

Greetings!

Another tough night spent in my recliner which I must admit I am somewhat bemused by. I turned the TV off at about 00:30 last night and awoke at 3am with the remote control in my lap. I nod off several times during the afternoon and evening for 10 or 20 minutes at a time and not for the first time have I nodded off immediately after turning the TV off before I have even gotten out of my chair. At least I got a couple of hours kip which is my norm and was in less pain than normal when awakening. I would, of course, prefer a decent night's kip in my pit but my GP isn't bothered, he said that as I am unable to work it doesn't matter if I nod off during the day and will not give me sleepers or refer me.

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I'm sorry you cannot see very well are you short sighted we are. We need new bodies don't we. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) how is your leg now ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())

Toni ((())) what colour is your motor home you will have lots of nice rides in it in time. When I can't get in I'm logged in. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers (((()))) Lucy ((())) Tia (((()))) Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your neighbours ((())) sue had a carer this morning that was deaf she did hand signals or lip read.

Mike (((())) and Elliott ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton

There You go Joan!

Mike it sounds as though you got your usual sleep quota at least....

You must have been shattered.

I wonder what Vixen made of it?

Shame the GP isnt helping though.

Everyone we probably wont see Kath today she's got the boiler man coming.

• frogmorton

• Mike1

Hi Toni, yes I was shattered but there is nothing new there! Vixen did not seem to be bothered one little bit, so long as she gets her food when she wants it she is happy.

• frogmorton

Kettle's on!

Joan l hope you like the photo of the motorhome. I suppose it's beige? I wonder if that same carer will come to Sue again. I expect Sue managed ok with her? Did you get to say hello?

I wish I could work out why sometimes it says you don't have permission. If it gets too often you'll have to ask one of the Admins?

Hah! Mike that's cats for you. Has she looked out of the window into the garden yet? to see what is going on out there??? I hope you had a 'better' night last night relatively speaking of course.

Kath did the boiler get serviced and did they leave your settings right. Nothing worse than having to reset it all every time 🙄Sleek said she would be with you to watch out for jermz

Can I put in a request for our next trip? Can we go to Amsterdam and look at the tulips?

Barbara I hope all is well with you today and your eyes aren't too bad.

Looking forward one day to going out in the motorhome totally safely. We have our own shower and loo fridge freezer and cooker so no need to get out of it just enjoy looking at everything safely. We mostly enjoy the ride me and Paul. Lucy says she will come too sometimes. I think she is going to stay here with us. hopefully.

Love also to Carol and family Miss Cookie too of course.

egg banjo?

• Mike1

Hah! Mike that's cats for you. Has she looked out of the window into the garden yet? to see what is going on out there??? I hope you had a 'better' night last night relatively speaking of course.

Vixen hid for a while yesterday when the gardener chappie got his power tools out but did pop out for an inspection when he took a break! I did manage to hit the sack for a while last night thanks.

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toni ((())) your motorhome has everything even the kitchen sink do you have to have a tank of water there all the time. Now you have to decide the places you want to go.

love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((())) sue had that carer this morning she knows that has to be done you just point and she does it.

Barbara ((())) I hope everything is alright there ((())) love to Mr B ((())) your son ((())) Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Kath ((())) I hope the gas man came and did a good job love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your dad ((()))

Mike ((()))) how is Elliott doing ((()))

Love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Mike1

Mike ((()))) how is Elliott doing ((()))

I have not heard anything since he came out of hospital a couple of weeks ago as I do not do Facebook so I work on the basis that no news is good news. I did send his Dad a text a week or so ago but had no reply but I expect that they are busy as they have 5 kids in all to look after and my Sister did tell me that Elliott's youngest brother, Arlo, has broken his arm! Perhaps I will hear more when the kids go back to school next week.