Itchy Burning skin

Mz_Tenacious_
Mz_Tenacious_ Member Posts: 23
edited 27. Feb 2021, 21:13 in Chat to our Helpline Team

Itchy burning skin near joints... What triggers it? Why,?

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Hi @Mz_Tenacious_

Just spotted this and know the helplines aren't in till Monday so wondered if you have tried any anti itchy creams like anthisan or the E45 itch relief cream?

• No, I have tried any of those at the moment. Im not a fan of E45 but I will look into Anthisan? See the contents of this one.

Thanks for the ideas

• Hi @Mz_Tenacious_

I'm sorry to hear about the skin near your joints being affected. I'm afraid this is something you'd need to discuss with a healthcare professional.

I hope you can get some medical advice.

Best wishes

Guy Helpline Team

• Thank you for letting me know. Can you advise me of the helpline's duties so that I do not submit queries outside of the Helpine Remit?

• Hi Mz_Tenacious

If you tell us what kind of arthritis condition you are affected by, we can help with information. We can listen and provide informal support if people want to ring and talk. We have information about ways to self manage arthritis.

But sometimes a question may not have an obvious arthritis link, or someone may want some kind of medical advice or diagnosis and because we are not medically qualified we would signpost to a healthcare professional.

All the best

Guy Helpline Team

• Thank you, although I was not looking a diagnosis, I was trying to establish if this was something normal through others experiences and if there was anything I would have been able to try. Of which I could decide to try as self-medication which would have had no reflection on VA. I know what I experiencing is related to Athritus, I now know through my research of conditions and medication. As you may have seen I am quite discrete when I discuss anything on the VA Web. However, not to worry I will speak with My GP I have an appointment this week.

Thank you for your time.

• Hi @Mz_Tenacious_

You are very welcome to call us on our free, and confidential, helpline: 0800 5200 520 so you can talk things through with one of our helpline team. This may be helpful before you speak to your GP. 

Best wishes

Mags

Helpline Team

• Thank you, there will be no need at this time. _mz_tenacious_