I'm new to arthitis forum

Options
jj0
jj0 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi I am 82 and have mild arthritis in my hands, and have recently developed VERY severe pains in both my wrists, Most days I cannot do anything and my husband has to do all the work, cooking etc. I am waiting for a telephone consultation in april. In the mean time has anyone any advice to offer - today I have sharp pains in my wrists that feel as if there is something sticking into me, I am not usually so weak willed with pain but I am finding this very hard to put up with. Any advice would be helpful, Jjo

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 884
    Options

Hello and welcome to the forum, I hope that it can help you with information and you might find others with similar problems and experiences that can help.

I understand that you have pains in your wrists which is preventing you doing every day tasks. I hope that you get your telephone consultation soon.

You may find some useful information on our website, do please have a look around. Here are a couple of links which you may find useful

Please do keep posting and let us know how you get on, you may find others with similar problems whose experience will help

Best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Hi @jj0

Welcome to the Online Community from me too! It's lovely to meet you. Your husband is having to take on all the things you are used to do because of pain in your wrists. That's no fun at all. The link I am giving you is to hints and tips. There are ideas to make life easier in the kitchen, personal care, out and about and so on.

I have trouble too and have managed to find a way around most things without spending much money but the one thing I really love is the kettle tipper, to be independent and make a cuppa when I want one is wonderful, only on this site will people completely understand what I'm saying!

Take care

Yvonne x