Hip problems

Hi all hope everything is OK. As most of you know I have arthritis in my hip and this past week it keeps giving way my leg will just go from under me its worrying me as I don't know if this is meant to happen or do I need to get in touch with my orthopaedic consultant or gp can anyone give me some advice please

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

I would get in touch with your GP in the morning, the last thing you need is for it to give way and you fall and injure yourself.

• Jewels
    Jewels Member Posts: 202

OK thanks @Mike1 I really didn't know what to do tbh but I will ring the doctor tomorrow appreciate your response 😁

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

My hip does that occasionally, my physio says it’s when a certain movement puts pressure on a tender point and your hip doesn’t want to take the weight. It may indicate further deterioration in the joint. Better pain relief may be helpful, but i’m resigned to more of this until my new hip hoves into view.

• Jewels

Thanks @Lilymary it went 3 times last night and once this morning it's a nightmare 🤬

• Lilymary

@jewelslatham22@Jewels , have you had a word with your doctor yet?

• Jewels

I tried but all the appointments had gone so I'll have to try tomorrow hun x

• Lilymary

Hi @Jewels , Mine went three times today. I think your post gave it new ideas. It’s just pants isn’t it!

• Jewels

Yh it is hun so ur hip is coming out in sympathy for mine lol hope it gets better soon hun I'm still trying to get in touch with the doctors maybe tomorrow ay 🤞