Which vaccine is recommended for immune suppressed

Options

I still can’t decide on whether to have the vaccine. There is no data on the vaccination and immune suppressed.

is the AstraZeneca or Pfizer recommended ?

Comments

• Sharon_K
    Sharon_K Member Posts: 460
    Options

Hi @samsilvester1

we do have a great page that might help you to make your decision.

Personally I have had severe psoriatic arthritis for 40 years now and I am on an anti TNF treatment. I will have the vaccine as soon as I am offered it. You can always phone our helpline team on 0800 5200 520 to get some more advice too

• Saffey
    Saffey Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi,I’m on Enbrel and methotrexate..just ( week ago)had my 2nd Phizer jab, had stopped my meds week before ( advised by RA nurse) until 3 weeks after.

I am now on morphine patch 3 days,but pain in ankle,foot swollen,wrists,hands both agony,my spine painful and walking very difficult.

I have not been this bad since 2007 when given Enbrel. I’m trying your exercises and it has worked after about 4 hrs when I’m more able to do more.

Often pain wakes me several times a night ( I wear splints at times) , Can’t do smaller actions and heavy ,need help,which I get from my wife as works at home. She has been part of team for concerns and information for HSE.

I’m thinking should I not wait the next 11 days for my reintroduced Meds as I might become worsened. I’m fearful either way ,can you say if others had this problem.

thank you

June

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hi @Saffey

Some of our members have definitely reported extra pain after their vaccine.

In your situation though I think maybe a call to your rheumatology team might be not unreasonable?

Best wishes

Ellen

• trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    Options

I am totaly shielding , only gone outside to go to hospital because had Sepsis in last twelve months

My surgury done the vaccine here at home & had the astra one & had no side effects , they recommend us on immune suppressants to have the vaccine now , just talk to your rummy nurse if worried