Palindromic arthritis

Polly_Middleton
Polly_Middleton Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi I was diagnosed with this a year ago but recently I have had a major flare up and after talking to the rheumatology nurse they are advising trying hydroxychloroquine. Just wondering what experience anyone has had with this am I am nervous of side effects especially as it's so difficult to access medical help at the moment during lockdown. But I've gone suddenly from flare ups for about 48 hours 3 or 4 times a year to constant pain for 3 weeks so don't know what to do.

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 791

Hi Polly

Welcome to the Arthritis Community,we all know how you feel as we all have various levels of pain and various forms of Arthritis, we are also very friendly and sympathetic people who will help you feel very welcome to the forums. If you would like to actually talk to some one about your worry you could call our helpline on 0800 5200 520

The most popular forums are Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat.

Hope all goes well Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• SaraR
    SaraR Member Posts: 5

Hi Polly, new member here - your post sounds a lot like what I'm experiencing at the moment and also your concerns resonate with what I've been thinking now about my situation. I just wondered what ended up happening with you last year? Did you start hydroxychloroquine or did you opt for something else?

Hope you're doing bbetter and hopefully speak soon!