Hello

Options
NatashaL21
NatashaL21 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi I’m Tasha, I’m new to this site. I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both my knees when I was only 21yrs old. I turned 51 a few weeks ago and have been waiting for knee replacement surgery now for over 20yrs out of the past 30 since diagnosis. I have had 5 operations to help with issues but due to Covid I’m back to the old waiting game. I have good days but not many but I do refuse to allow my arthritis to dictate my quality of life.

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 883
    Options

Hello @NatashaL21 and welcome to the forum.

I see that you have osteoarthritis in both knees causing pain and waiting for replacements, but glad to see your positive attitude in not letting it rule your life. I do hope you can get up the waiting list soon.

I hope that you can find some help on our forum and website and there is also an external website called escape pain which may be of help, I've added a couple of links below to things i hope you might find of help.

Hopefully you will find others on the forum with similar experiences and who can offer support and advice if and when you need it - please do keep posting and let us know how you get on

With very best wishes

Peter (mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• GeorgePS
    GeorgePS Member Posts: 4
    Options

Tasha, Im new to the site too. I think a brave PMA ( Positive Mental Attitude) in relation to our challenges is vital. I too am of the obstinate but realistic "going to beat it not let it beat me" attitude. Obviously lockdown has limited everyone, but sharing/connecting is a way of knowing that you are not alone, that there are thousands with you. I cant wait to get back to swimming and the sauna which I find is a great relief. Heres hoping the wait will end soon.