Does your arthritis make you feel unwell?

Can anyone please explain why my osteoarthritis can regularly make me feel unwell particularly in cold and wet conditions or is my feeling unwell unrelated to my arthritis as this does not seem to figure in my clinical assessment.

Comments

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

Mine can make me feel rubbish too, I don’t know why it does. Even when it’s not hurting too much, the grinding in my hip makes me feel slightly sick in the pit of my stomach and generally exhausted. The weather makes me ache all over. Oh joy ...

• Lilymary

https://www.cloudywithachanceofpain.com/. This might help explain the weather connection

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Can't explain it but it is a fact!

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

If you ever have a higher than normal temperature when you get this it might be worth mentioning to your GP @buzzyhornet

• buzzyhornet
    buzzyhornet Member Posts: 20

Thank you all for your contributions.

• margw
    margw Member Posts: 4

Hi,I have just joined and wonder if anyone with osteoarthritis feels like it's having the flu but without the temperature?

• Lilymary

Hi @margw , it can do, yes. Generally exhausted and aching all over. Your body is working hard to compensate for your damaged joints, and there will be all sorts of inflammatory responses going on. But do keep an eye on your symptoms, as quite a few medical issues can cause this, and if you’re worried see your GP.

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406

Hi,

Yes I agree with Lilymary it does make you feel rotten I think it’s our bodies trying to deal with the pain all the time hope your feeling better soon soon I actually feel totally exhausted all the time my little finger on my left hand feels numb tonight as I have arthritis in my hands still don’t know why it happens but it feels mighty strange

take care

love Jona 😊