Hi, has anyone else been told they have sclerosis of the bone?

Options

My big toe is suffering from osteoarthritis and the last X-ray showed sclerosis of the bones also? At the time I didn’t ask for further information as I was trying to get my head round the fact that I will need yet another operation in the near future. At the moment, I average 1 or 2 a year because of osteoarthritis, inflammation, etc. I just wondered if anyone else can advise me if this will progress to the detriment of my mobility or will remain stable.

I am just so fed up of pain just now and feel I am putting my family through worry each time I have an op but I seem to always run out of choices for controlling pain. Thank you in advance for listening to my moans, kindest regards Aime.

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Hello @LucyC it appears that no one has responded to your question, so I'm posting here to push it to the top of Recent Posts.

I have had a look across Google (!) to see if there was any helpful information but didn't find much beyond a definition of "hardening of the bones" making them more opaque to X-rays. Perhaps contacting the consultant's office to find out if they have more information would be helpful.

Very sorry to hear that you continue be in a lot of pain and now have another operation to undergo. Do let us know how you are getting on.

All best wishes

Brynmor