June Steps Challenge 2021

Brynmor
Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755

Want a walking challenge that you can shape yourself?

Around 10 million people in the UK are living with arthritis. It can affect people of all ages – even children and teenagers. Living with arthritis can be challenging - chronic pain can make everyday tasks, like making a cup of tea, really difficult. It is often dismissed, and this can lead to isolation and frustration.

• Join our amazing team of steppers, coming together in June to defy arthritis. With your help, support is available and there are many things people can do to live a fulfilling life.

Find out more about the June Steps Challenge 2021 and how to get involved.

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,591

Had a quick look @Brynmor

looks good you don't have to do 10,000steps a day👍️

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    1. I don't do facebook.
    2. Have yet to equate revolutions of a wheelchair wheel to number of steps!
  • wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233

Do you remember when we were young we had little plastic things that clacked as we were riding our bikes? Wonder if you can use that to make it easy to do revs, though maybe distance would be easier.

I can't do anything like the steps they usually use but I'm planning to count a few of my days to see my average and then set a personal best target for myself.

If we don't like Facebook we could record here what we are about - still taking part but on our own terms is brilliant

Now to see if I can find a step counter thingy

xxx

• Loggiemod
    Loggiemod Member Posts: 218

You can download an app for most smartphones - not sure how accurate they are though. Mind you I used to have an actual step counter and it used to register about 100 steps to go to the kitchen and back - our house isn't that big

• A friend came down for the weekend to ‘help me out’, do a few jobs, chop some veg for me, that kind of thing. At the end of the day I had done over 10,000 steps in one day, not my usual style! I told her I appreciated the help but had to lie down in a dark ended room when she had gone! I don’t do FB either but I do have an app on my phone & like to make sure I have at least walked the length of myself most days.

• Darkened not dark ended...bloody prescriptive test. ;0)