Online Community Updates

Comment here on the changes for the Online Community, using the community in general or what you’d like to see in the future.

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Not bothered by the changes as I only get on-line using a laptop. I always click on "Recent Posts" at the top of the page when I log on to see what people have been chatting about and if I want to look up anything specific I use the "Search" box. It is, however, nice to see that the site is being well used and updated. Thanks

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

I do sometimes use the forum on my mobile and yes it does take forever to get to the bottom of the page if i do. I can imagine newer people might give up before they have found the category which could be perfect for them.

In general though I do 'recents' like Mike.

Can I say i am totally impressed that this is going to only take you an hour. Updates used to take a day so really good.

Thanks

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

A snag noticed with the latest changes which appeared today is that the discussion no longer goes to the latest post as it used to, instead it goes to the top of the page and one has to scroll down to find the unread posts.

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755

@Mike1 you are right, clicking a topic title used to take you to the post you last read in the discussion but now takes you to the top of the page that you were last on. Val's Cafe is a good example of this as I know I got half way down the page on my last visit and it now puts me back at the top. I will raise the issue with the service providers to see what they have to say.

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076

When you sign in there's a random box around. You don't have to type anything in it to sign in but we don't need it - do we?

• Brynmor

@YvonneH Thanks for noting this: added to the list to discuss with service providers.

• Brynmor

Fixes

We were trying out a new layout for Recent Posts. Enabling this removed the #Latest bit from links to discussions, as reported above by @Mike1 . Having discovered the issue, we have switched back to the original layout so that this now works again.

We've put in a report to the service provider to see if they can fix it, but links are now working as they did before.

Random sign-in box appearing on the sign-in page if you logged out has been removed.

NEW post label has been fixed and is a wonderful eye-catching blue once again.😎