Pain relief for arthritis in the feet

Keitha
Keitha Member Posts: 7
edited 25. May 2021, 09:17 in Living with arthritis

Can anyone recommend good pain relief for osteoarthritis in the feet

I struggle to walk because of arthritis in the feet - it is in the top of bones from the ankle to the little toe and the side of those bones

Every step I take is extremely painful

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755

Hi @Keitha welcome to the Online Community.

I understand you are having trouble walking due to osteoarthritis in the feet, making the act of walking extremely painful. It must be utterly exhausting and debilitating with the constant pain.

Whilst you are waiting to see a consultant, it is quite important to keep the foot exercised in spite of the pain,  strengthening your muscles and tendons, and nourishing the cartilage of your joints. Have you tried taking any pain killers to help things along, such as paracetamol?

There's a lot of quite helpful information on our web site, which you can read here:

Do join in across the community, ask questions and also call in to say how you are getting on. You will be most welcome.

All best wishes

Brynmor

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,591

Hi @Keitha

Don't know whether this will be of interest?

Best wishes

Ellen

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Saltmarsh
    Saltmarsh Member Posts: 42

Dear Keitha, pain in your feet is awful, isn't it. I hope by now that you have acquired much helpful information from earlier posts. Just to mention that I have quite a lot of foot problems, for which I am prescribed NHS Podiatry, which team includes an RA Podiatrist. They are extremely knowledgeable & helpful, and have fitted customised insoles. This service can be accessed privately; Patient Access/Info may be available via your surgery/Google. Or by any good, fully qualified podiatrist. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406

Hi Keitha,

Welcome to the site I understand the pain your in my son bought me a foot spa and a deep tissue massager and after I’ve done my routine with warm water soak then used the massager for 10 mins on each foot there’s no limit how long you want to soak your feet for that routine with painkillers does help me

hope you feel better soon

love Jona 😊

• Keitha

Thank you all for your help

things have got worse because yesterday morning when I got up I had pain in the bottom of my heel So that every step I take is painful so that every step I take is painful

Is that likely to be a product of osteo arthritis like the rest of my pain

I am waiting for a referral to an NHS podiatrist

It is so painful that I could pay privately but how do I find a good one in my area

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Try the British Chiropody and Podiatry Association - https://bcha-uk.org/

• Keitha

Thank you

I have found one and have booked an appointment