Recently diagnosed with arthritis

Options
Willitra
Willitra Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

hi my name is Tracey and I have recently been diagnosed with some sort of arthritis unsure about anything and waiting for a hospital appt to see a rheumatologist in about 6 weeks time, scary stuff for me right now 😅

Comments

• Hello @Willitra, welcome to the online community! It's lovely to have you here.

I see you have recently been diagnosed with arthritis and are waiting for your rheumatology appointment - it's completely understandable to feel scared, this is a good place to talk with other people that understand.

If you'd like to learn more about arthritis, this link has a good overview that I hope you'll find helpful:

Please do let us know how you get on with your appointment, and in the meantime I hope you'll continue to enjoy browsing the online community and feel free to join in any discussion.

Best wishes, Sarah (moderator)

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    Options

Hi @Willitra , the diagnosis can come as an awful shock, it certainly did with me. Give yourself some time to adjust, it’s ok not to feel ok about it, it can take a while to get your head around it. It’s good that you’ve been referred so quickly and the wait to see the rheumatologist isn’t too far away. I hope he can shed some more light on how this will affect you and discuss treatment options, it’s such a grey area for you until then.

Meanwhile, there’s a lot of experience among the lovely people on this forum, and a lot of good, sensible advice about the various guises of arthritis on this site, including pain management if that’s an issue for you. Do keep posting on here, asking questions, having a moan, or sharing successes, we all know how rotten arthritis can get. LM