I’m Laura

Laura_88
Laura_88 Member Posts: 5
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi I’m Laura I’m 33 years old but feel like 99 some days. I live on the North East coast. I have 2 children and work as a healthcare professional. I was diagnosed with psoriatic Arthritis 7 years ago or maybe longer I’ve totally forgot how long it’s been. I’m having a particularly bad week with pain and probably like must of you guys, no one really understands the pain of Arthritis. So I thought I would join and talk to some people who get it.

Comments

• Aj_x
    Aj_x Member Posts: 206

Morning @Laura_88

It is great to meet you, you have come to the right place for information and to have a conversation with others that are living with one or more forms of arthritis.

I see you have Psoriatic Arthritis, here is the link for it:

There are lots of people here that are more than happy to share their experiences with you, as you share yours with them. Or you can even phone our Helpline Number (It is free) 0800 5200 520. They are open 9am - 8pm.

Take Care & Stay Safe

AJ_x

• Sall86
    Sall86 Member Posts: 8

Hello @Laura_88 I only joined myself yesterday. Its a great resource for information and makes you feel less alone in this horrible journey. I have a different type of arthritis to you. Pincer hip impingement its called. Im 53 so an fart compared to you. 😂😂.

• Laura_88
    Laura_88 Member Posts: 5

It’s really hard to speak to anyone that understands how I feel about it. I really struggled with my mental health a few years ago and struggled to process what was happening to my body at a young age. I’m in a better place now and only really started talking about my condition over the past year. I hope you find some helpful use from this too.

• Aj_x
    Aj_x Member Posts: 206

Hi @Laura_88

Me again! I have read your comment above, and I would like to send a link to another forum that I think you will benefit from.

It says for Under 25's but you don't have to be under 25's. Have a look and see what you think.

Everyone is so nice in here and it is just like one big family. It is because we all understand how everyone else feels regarding pain, fatigue, depression etc. I know how hard it is to speak to someone, especially when they don't utterly understand what you are going through no matter how much you try and explain it to them.

I hope you manage to find a bit of comfort from the forum and also from having a look around the other forum

Take Cae & Stay Safe

AJ_x