Post THR fatigue

Hi all, I’m 8 weeks post op now but still feeling wiped out. How have others been feeling on that score?

Comments

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406

Hi Lilymary,

8 weeks post op now your body has been through surgery and needs as much time as it needs to recover but I think with the lockdown and everything else it’s like racing in a car then running out of petrol

When I had my hysterectomy I tried to get back to normal quickly tried putting a towel in the washing machine my body said not blinking likely I felt like I’d run a marathon from one towel so just take things easy your body will tell you when it’s ready

take care stay strong

love Jona 😊💐

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697

In some ways you are very like Mr SW. (Poor you😉)

Seriously, as Jona says, you've had a major op in which bits of you have been sawn off and other bits hammered and glued in. This involved - thank God! - anaesthetic.

Today, my beloved drove for 40 minutes to play his first post op (half) round of golf. And drove back had a quick sandwich, re-potted his orchids and is now 'doing stuff' in the garden.

Later, he'll eat the meal lovingly prepared by his missus, fall asleep for a couple of hours, briefly wake up at 1/2 hour intervals and puzzle "Why am I so tired?" as if it were pathological.

Be as gentle with yourself as you would be with others. Evelyn Waugh had it right with the title of his novel - Vile Bodies. So right 😁

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Cazbaz
    Cazbaz Member Posts: 71

@Lilymary I can understand how you are feeling, I’m the same, worse now than just after operation, I make plans every night what I am going to do the next day but never works out as I feel so tired even after just pottering about. I don’t suppose it helps than I’m still not getting a full nights sleep due to nerve pain, although it is improving. As @Jona and @ stickywicket said it’s best to listen to your body and not overdo it.