"lower protection in vaccinated adults who are immunosuppressed."

Options

From JCVI to Matt Hancock

"Early data indicate lower protection in vaccinated adults who are immunosuppressed. Those with severe immunosuppression are therefore more likely to suffer poor outcomes following infection and are less likely to benefit from the vaccines offered."

We always suspected it but now it's official and the government is being advised to vaccinate adults who live with someone who is immunosuppressed.

Enjoy the sunshine sensibly, folks. Don't take risks. Hugs are still off limits.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• Becky88
    Becky88 Member Posts: 96
    Options

Thank you for posting this, Sticky wicket. After today's announcement, I think that we have to continue to be very careful.

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

I am stunned. Increasing rates of infection, cases doubling every 9 days, increasing cases of long-Covid, acknowledgement that the vaccine is not totally effective especially against the Delta variant, the virus continuing to develop new variants which may or may not be resistant to the vaccine, so the Government announce the ending of all restrictions!! Perhaps it is just as well that I live alone and am virtually housebound!

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    Options

My understanding is that any new variants are developing in people who haven't yet been vaccinated, hence the importance of getting everyone jabbed.

This is undoubtedly a worrying time for those who are immuno-suppressed. It's so sad that ending most of the restrictions will lead to even more isolation, anxiety and risk for so many.