Hi new here

ASoz
ASoz Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

I was diagnosed with AS, last year. Have had back, sij, sternum pain for years. Have been on Methotrexate and Sulfasalazine, my rheumatologist has suggested I trial Humira. I have a long list of other health issues as well.

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 947

Hi @ASoz and welcome to the online community,

You’ve been diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis and have been on methotrexate and sulfasalazine and your doctor has suggested you trial humira. You have come to the right place to make contact with others who share your condition and also your treatments. Everyone is very friendly, so do take a look round the forum and join in on any conversations you feel comfortable with, or post any questions you may have.

It’s always good to chat people who have the same experiences as you, but you might also be interested in reading more about your condition and the new meds that your doctor has suggested you trial. The Versus Arthritis website has some useful information pages on AS and also adalimumab ( also known as humira)

There’s also an interesting personal story from Max , who was diagnosed with AS at a young age and is now being treated with a biological drug similar to humira that you might like to read:

Best wishes and welcome again!

Anna ( Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm