"Freedom day"

Whoever thought of that title needs shooting! Today is the day that all restrictions end and looking at the news this morning there were thousands of people outside nightclubs waiting for the doors to open at midnight last night and not a mask between them. ALL of the people I know, including our village shop, are maintaining masks, distancing and hand washing; not only that several are feeling very anxious.

Two areas of Cornwall have nearly double the National average of cases, one is Newquay and the other is Falmouth; what they have in common is that they are major holiday destinations and crammed with youngsters who drink a lot!

I had a phone call from a friend yesterday, he has been jabbed but has just been diagnosed with Covid for the second time; his partner is a jabbed up Nurse and she now has Covid for the second time; his jabbed up son owns a scaffolding firm and has Covid for the second time as does his wife; one of his daughters and her 3 children have all been diagnosed with Covid.

Just the right time to remove restrictions!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

I agree Mike, it’s insane. The news obsessing about what we all CAN do now, rather than what we should do, doesn’t help. This will bite the economy in the backside though - we’re already seeing businesses and services having to shut down temporarily as so many of their staff are self-isolating. This is an unsustainable policy, and when the NHS goes into meltdown again, which it’s close to doing in some areas, Boris will have to do yet another eye-popping rapid U turn.

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697

"It looks as if they're going for herd immunity by mass infection" Professor Michael Baker from New Zealand where they have had no new cases of covid for four months.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • BettyMac
    BettyMac Member Posts: 201

I’ve had a few emails from companies telling me about their great Freedom Day deals.

I will boycott them until the end of time

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

1400+ medical professionals from around the World called the Government's actions in removing restrictions as "murderous"!! Says it all for me.

• trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504

Mike , we had 14 cases a week before the G7 came here , as for freedom day it means staying locked up for those of us on the goverment list , just every where in Cornwall there is loads of cases & Devon even worst

just stay safe & dont go out until the levels of Covid come down