Polymyalgia reumatica

Dickster47
Dickster47 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hello all

My names David have had Polymyalgia for almost 2 years. Although much improved still struggling a bit with discomforts eg flu like aches Am down to 1mg of predisolone but difficult to tell if some of the discomforts are down to the tapering or my other arthritis I have in hips shoulders etc also had radiotherapy for prostate cancer last year so Docs/consultants are not sure what might be the main reason for my problems....any ideas folks....take careD🥰

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 739

Welcome to the online community David ( @Dickster47 )

You are dealing with a number of health issues and wonder if anyone in the community has any advice about the reason for your problems. You even have your medical team somewhat perplexed. This is a safe place to share your concerns and many members give and receive all sorts of advice and support to each other. I attach some information which I hope you might find helpful

Many of us who live with the various forms of arthritis struggle with the flu like aches you describe. It is common among our members to read that one day when they feel ok they tackle too much then the next day have to have a quiet day, we are our own worst enemies! To deal with prostate cancer as well as arthritis in your hips and shoulders etc means that you need to take good care of your body and mind so if you browse around the forums there are many ways that describe positive steps to maintain your well being.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Take Care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.