A Restless Night

Options

We toss and turn we watch tv we read a book have countless wee's the night is ours no blissful sleep the truth be told I could now weep. There is no comfort for us now the pain it tells upon our brow. And as the night goes dark and still all we can do is will. We will for rest a painless bliss and wish for sleep that we do miss. But as we lay here in the dark the pain a dagger in our hearts. The spidery shadows across the ceiling the light the dark night is now stealing. We pray for sleep as dawn is rising the pills are popped be still our crying. A car horn beeps a letter posted it's time to wake but were exhausted we shut our eyes a minute longer at last to get some silent slumber. 

Tagged:

Comments

• Becky88
    Becky88 Member Posts: 96
    Options

I think that many of us will understand the long, dark nights. As Sir Capitan Tom says "Tomorrow will be a better day."

• Shortstuff
    Shortstuff Member Posts: 16
    Options

Hi I’ve had 5 bad nights with pain in my knee I’ve got osteoarthritis and a meniscus tear in my left knee

• Barbara1959
    Options

That is me can’t sleep with my pain and fatigue

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

I have not had more than about 3 hours sleep (last night 1 1/2) for the past few years and all the GP says is that it does not matter if I nod off during the day (which I do frequently for 20 to 30 minutes at a time) as I cannot work! So much for sympathy or help from the GP.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options

Beautiful poem @Heatherbee

Thank you for sharing.

• Pryja
    Pryja Member Posts: 6
    Options

It's 5am I've been up since 3.45 but awake since 2, I so understand your pain and frustration I think you speak for us all. Thankyou