Join Chi Me classes free online. Find out more

Options
Sharon_K
Sharon_K Member Posts: 460

We are now delivering online Chi Me sessions weekly with the option of a morning or evening class. Each class lasts around 25/30 mins and can be done in the comfort of your own home. You require no equipment and it can be done seated or standing.

What is Chi Me?

Chi Me is a calm and relaxing form of exercise which is gentle and incorporates better breathing and good posture. We have several different qualified volunteer instructors delivering the sessions and as participants continue to join the sessions they will get to meet each one all delivering the same programme but with their own style.

Can anyone attend these sessions?

YES! Classes are open to everyone and we would welcome participants from other nations as that is the beauty of online services.

We have delivered 4 classes to date which have all been well attended. We are seeing a huge demand for Chi Me and are receiving some great feedback already. Our volunteers are enjoying delivering the classes as much as the participants and we are really happy to now have Chi Me as an ongoing service to the public.

How do I sign up or find out more?

If anyone would like further information on Chi Me or how to get involved please email Lisa on l.carlisle@versusarthritis.org.

Tagged:

Comments

• Shaphron
    Shaphron Member Posts: 74
    Options

Thanks - I'm going to get in touch as this sounds interesting 😊

If in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

• KazandNoo
    KazandNoo Member Posts: 129
    Options

Thank you for the info,I've just emailed Lisa to find out when the classes are,it sounds really good.

• NonnaPaula
    Options

How do I know if this is right for me and I am able to do them? I walk around my house with a zimmer which I hold onto with my wrists as my fingers keep locking when I try and hold onto anything. I have arthritis in my spine, knees, hips and fingers, all of which are very painful at present. I am unable to stand at the moment but hope that the pain will ease soon.

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Hi @NonnaPaula welcome to the Online Community.

I understand that mobility is a problem and that painful arthritis can mean exercise is daunting and easily avoided because it hurts so much! The purpose of the classes is to provide relaxing exercise within your limits along with people who are all in the same situation as yourself - everyone will have arthritis and the instructors will be aware that people may find some things hard to do.

Why not give it a go? You are in the privacy of home and you can do as much or as little as you like, meeting people who are in a similar situation as yourself - they will all understand 😀

Do email Lisa who will be able to tell you more about it.

All best wishes

Brynmor

• KazandNoo
    KazandNoo Member Posts: 129
    Options

Hi,I've not had a reply yet from Lisa. Apologies if she's on holiday and I'm being impatient! 😀

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Hi @KazandNoo

I have had a reply now, so if you check your inbox and spam folder and if it's not there do send a reminder to Lisa.

Let me know if you still don't here

Yvonne x

• Shaphron
    Shaphron Member Posts: 74
    Options

I've joined in two sessions now - all the exercises can all be done while sitting down, and you can join in as much as you want. It's encouraged you do as much as you are comfortable with, not more. It's very inclusive. If you're not sure do give it a go for one session and see!

If in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout