Nerve pain

Options

HI. I wonder if you can help me. I can hardly walk today, not because of joint pain but from the nerves which seem to be stopping me walking and my leg keeps giving way.

Should I try and walk through it, or rest it? I have a busy day tomorrow and I won't be able to do anything with this problem.

Help please

Thanks. Grandmar

Comments

• helpline_team
    Options

I have answered on your other post. Hope that's ok.

Best wishes

Helpline Advisor

Gillian

• cessna
    cessna Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi

i dont know if you can help, I am taking Amitriptalene for nerve pain but am having a side effect not listed can you help

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 794
    edited 20. Aug 2021, 20:15
    Options

Hi @cessna

Welcome to the online community glad you have posted.You dont say what side effects you are suffering with after taking Amitriptalene You should go back to your GP if you are experienceing any side effects that are unusual or go to a hospital if can get there.

Amitriptyline | Side-effects, uses, time to work (versusarthritis.org) this is a link that may help you.

Please keep in touch and tell us how you get on.Do go on to our forums where you can chat to others who may have had unusual side effects

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

I also had non-listed side effects when I was on Amitriptyline, at the time I was still working which involved some public speaking, quite frequently I would stop speaking for anything up to 15/20 seconds and then continue the sentence as if there was no break. I didn't notice but, of course, everyone I was speaking to did! I was taken off it straight away and went on Morphine which I have now been on for over 10 years. It is important that any non-listed side effects are reported to the MRHA - https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/