Knee Replacement

My name is Dorrette I have my first knee replacement 5 years ago and I was very happy with the result so when my Consultant suggesting that I would need at a later date my other knee to be done I though since the first one went so well it will be ok , I was so wrong I have my right knee done November last year and I am still suffering with pain stiffness and cramps i talk to my doctor and consultant and all I am getting is pain killers and exercise but sometimes when you are in so much pain exercise is the last thing you want to do , now I am fed up and depressed. please any advice and suggestions is welcome right now I will do anything ,, thanks in advance

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755

Hi @Dorrette and welcome to the Online Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your second knee replacement hasn't been the great success that the your first operation was. Being in pain and getting stiffness and cramps is so tiring and depressing.

We have some useful information on our website regarding knee surgery that you may like to read, especially the section on Looking after your knee replacement

Exercise is definitely something to keep up if at all possible. Perhaps asking for manipulation of the knee under anaesthetic might be something to check out with your consultant.

Hopefully there will be some replies from members who have had complications following knee surgery who can make helpful suggestions.

Do join in across the Community, ask questions, and say how you are getting on. You will be most welcome.

All best wishes

Brynmor