Ibuprofen, hello and thank goodness that worked.

Baloo
Baloo Member Posts: 385
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Ibuprofen, thank goodness that worked. My dead arm can start delivering hugs again, and I might be able to put my own sox on. So how many Ibuprofen shall I take while I am waiting to discuss with the Hospital and Rheumatologist.

Comments

• Hi @Baloo, welcome to the Online Community! It's lovely to have you here.

Great to hear that you have managed to restore mobility in your arm thanks to ibuprofen. 

Unless a doctor tells you otherwise, make sure you're sticking to the recommended dosage as stated on the packet as side effects can be nasty. Here's a link with more info:

Do keep us updated on how you're getting on and how your rheumatology appointment goes.

Best wishes, Sarah (moderator)

• Baloo

@SarahGF hospital only suggested doing a blood test to check the inflammation, very sensible, but were positive about carrying on as I am if I can. Sadly the inflammation has gotten into my knees when I tried obtaining some extra exercise on a stepper. The Ibuprofen that fixed my arms didn't fix my knees, so Im thinking the knees are some kind of Bursitis probably.

• Baloo

Decided to take another Ibuprofen this weekend, being as the ache is flaring up at weekends. The flare ups are very tiring and seems to be in every joint now. Toes, ankles, knees, hips, fingers, wrists, elbows, shoulders. It's the feet that bother me the most as I suddenly can't walk smoothly on rough surfaces.