Newly diagnosed

CazCollins
CazCollins Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi there. Just wanted to say hello. Newly diagnosed after a call from GP yesterday. Was doing some research and found this community.

I'm sure I'll have questions!

Have a good day, stay safe x

Caz

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Member Posts: 522

Welcome to the Community, @CazCollins. I see that you have a recent diagnosis, but do not stay which type.

Here is some general information on arthritis:

Most newly diagnosed report a sense of shock and anxiety. The emotional side is just as important as dealing with the physical effects. I therefore attach this link:

Good luck and let us know how you gwt on.

Tom

• CazCollins
    CazCollins Member Posts: 3

Sorry Tom, it is osteoarthritis. Confirmed in hips after xray, but think it's probably in knees as well.

• RogerBill
    RogerBill Member Posts: 223

Hi @CazCollins Osteoarthritis in the hip can cause referred pain problems in knees and back. I have hip osteoarthritis and also have pain in my knees and back. Pain killers and exercises help to a certain extent but I'm having a hip replacement operation in a couple of weeks.

Have you got a copy of your xray report? If not, I'd suggest getting a copy either from your GP's website or mine emailed me a copy when I phoned them. You can also get a copy of the xray image but this this takes more time after you've completed a form.

• Cazzybear
    Cazzybear Member Posts: 1
    edited 7. Sep 2021, 08:52

Hello, I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago. Had diagnoses via text message day after my xrays. Not Bern told what arthritis it is. Waiting for my own GP to contact me on 24th Sept, as she is on annual leave. Taking codeine and paracetamol for pain, but never experienced pain like this before. Diagnosed in spine and hips. Would just like some advice.

Thanks all, Cazzybear. X x

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 877

Hello @Cazzybear and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have been diagnosed with arthritis in the spine and hips but are waiting for your GP to confirm what arthritis you have. I hope it goes well for you and that you can get the support and treatments you need. In the meantime you might want to take a look at our website as it contains a lot of useful information and also has a good search function. To help you I've put a couple of links below which you might find of interest.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you get on and I am sure others will connect with you and share their experiences and support as well.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• JC1978
    JC1978 Member Posts: 21

Hi @Cazzybear

Sounds like

A good tip would be to write down any questions you have before your appointment. I often used to forget until after then it was too late.

I hope your appointment goes ok and that your gp is supportive.

If you have any questions or need and support this site and community is wonderful.

All the best,

Jenny