Does anyone take Duloxetine 4 there pain

Mini
Mini Member Posts: 33
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi Was wondering if anyone is taking Duloxetine for there pain as I have been given 30 mg one a day by my doctor for my fibromalgis and spinal stenosis pain on thursday

Started them friday but 😳 I havent had a good nite sleep for 2 nights wide awake I just want to know will things settle down after 2 weeks of taking them as my pain has decreased but I definately need my sleep

Just couldn't stand the pain I was in so needed something as im on wait list for spine operation and my left knee is being replaced 4 third time as has corrosion & wont bend properly

feeling like im going mental in this pain theres a 15 month wait for operations which I appreciate because of covid I have had spasms in my legs now for 2 years & its not good as it affects the way I walk

Would be grateful of any advice 💕

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 734

Hello @Mini ,

You seem to be really struggling at the moment and I hope that once the treatment you have been given by your GP starts to work that you will gain some relief from the pain. I see that you are asking about duloxetine and its side effects and I have found two links which I hope you find helpful

http://www.fpm.ac.uk/faculty-of-pain-medecine/patient-information

There may be other members who have used this treatment who will be able to share their experience with you. Meanwhile I hope that you will be able to catch up on your sleep even if it is just naps during the day to recharge your energy levels. The waiting lists for operations are a major concern for many people and I do hope you receive some positive news soon.

Take Care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Mini

Good afternoon Poppyjane hope you are ok

Thankyou so much for the Links That’s really helpful

enjoy the rest of your day 🤗 Lisa 💕

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697

Hi there, I'm sorry you're struggling so much right now. I've never taken this drug but I checked it out and it seems to be a very strong one. The leaflet says we mustn't just stop taking it (if you were thinking you might). It's essential to liaise with your GP before changing the prescribed dose. https://www.drugs.com/duloxetine.html . I hope, one way or another, things will improve.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Mini

Hi Thankyou Sticky Wicket

I have lasted a week and a half at moment and seems to be getting better my sleep and not in so much pain so it is helping Thankyou for answering my post hope all is good with you have a luvly weekend 🤗

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697

That's good news and thank your for sharing it.

My weekend is going well, thanks😊

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright