2 wheeled e scooter

Does anyone use a regular e scooter as a type of unofficial mobility aid? I’m planning to give it a try around uni campus

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,591

Hi @Arl

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis online Community.

I take it from your post that you are a student who struggles to walk around campus all day.

Using one of those e scooters as an informal mobility aid. Well No-one has ever mentioned it on here to my knowledge, but If you give it a go please do let us know how it did/didn't help?

I imagine some of the things to consider are where your arthritis is, maybe what type.

Just in case it might help I am attaching a link (aimed at young people, but ignore that if you are a mature student) which includes information about University and Arthritis. You need to scroll through.

Best wishes

Ellen

• Arl
    Arl Member Posts: 4

Thanks Ellen - I’m one of the lecturers so pretty ancient!! But I’m walking around 5km per day and with two knees that need replacing finding it pretty tough

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,591

Brilliant! Probably not ancient but please do give it a god and let us know how it works out 😁

Ellen.

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697

At the risk of being a party proper do check first if this would be legal. I don't know if a uni campus would be considered a public thoroughfare but I believe currently one can only ride them on private roads.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • N1gel
    N1gel Member Posts: 160

You'll probably get some serious cred from your students! I look forward to hearing if you go ahead and do it

😁

• SueDear
    SueDear Member Posts: 4

I am thinking of trying a kick scooter. But I am trying to get advice from someone in the know.

I have osteoarthritis in lower back, but a kick scooter sounds more fun than a mobility chair. Also I cant use an e scooter where I live as it is currently illegal, but a kick scooter sounds fine provided it doesn"t make my condition worse!