Using a bra

Can anyone recommend an easy to close front bra for large breasts; the atrhritis and carpel tunnel issues make back fastening hook and eye bras very difficult to put on and my condition is detiorating

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 677

Hi @Cayenne13  

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum. 

I note that your carpel tunnel combined with arthritis symptoms causes difficulties with fastening hook and eye bras. 

I found this article on the Versus Arthritis website as a starting point for you: 

I hope that other forum members will be able to provide you with further suggestions. 

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• I use all elastic sports bras as I have osteoarthritis in my shoulder ac joint and can't wear a strap over my shoulder. I'm a 44DD and these bras seem to work for me.

• Moira
    Moira Member Posts: 88

It is a right nuisance isn't it?

I use front fastening bras. You can also get pull on bras.

I did an internet search and found several makes that I can use.

Good luck with finding what is right bra for you.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,402

I just do mine up the wrong way round and swivel them afterwards. It's not the easiest but it works for me.

This is an old thread I remember:

• Coddfish
    Coddfish Member Posts: 85
    edited 28. Sep 2021, 17:02

I am a 36H or 34HH depending on style. I have never found anything that works for me other than well designed underwired bras and ShockAbsorber sports bras, and I am very dependent on having a very tight back strap to take the load. I injured my shoulder a few years ago, and have some difficulty fastening a bra behind my back. What I usually do is turn the bra upside down and inside out, place it round me and fasten the hooks at the front under the breasts. Then I slowly rotate it round and once it’s in the right place, flip it up. This magically puts it, and everything else, in the right place. I ordered a front fastening bra once, but the contortions to keep large breasts in place in it whist also trying to do it up were beyond me, and it went back.

• airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579

I have as many problems trying to help, front loaders seem to way to go at least to save me helping. There are a few firms making custom garments that assist? There is the issue of wire under supports which are uncomfortable?

it’s a grin, honest!

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,402

I had to pop in here to see why Airwave needs to wear such undergarments! Now i see why - he is helping!

• airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

its a grin, honest!