Re X rays

Options
MollyMay
MollyMay Member Posts: 7
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hello everyone I’m new to the site. Looking forward to to sharing and getting information to manage my osteoarthritis of the hip.

Had hip and groin pain for few years which became worse last January. The severity settled with pain relief naproxen and the exercises from Versus Arthritis. I have always been active and a good Walker. Three weeks ago it flared up again. This time if has affected my mobility driving and every day tasks. It seems to have worsened very quickly and I can’t settle it this time. Waited eight months so far to see a consultant at the hospital. My x ray in January shows arthritis in both hips. Worse on the right.

is there a benefit from another x ray now?

I am seeing a physio in two weeks time.

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 883
    Options

Hello @MollyMay and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have had hip and groin pain for a few years and that you have been on medication to help relieve the pain, but it has now flared up again. I also see that you had an x-ray in January that showed arthritis. Regarding getting another x-ray then your GP or the Physio would be the best people to talk to and see what they recommend (you could always call your physio in advance of the appointment).

In the meantime have another look at our website and see if there is anything that can help you, we also have a useful search function and I've put a couple of links below which might be of use.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on

With best wishes

Peter (Moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• MollyMay
    MollyMay Member Posts: 7
    Options

Thank you very much for your response and good advice