Covid and anti-TNF

Hi everyone - I am on antiTNF for psoriatic arthritis, clinically extremely vulnerable and both my husband and daughter have Covid so isolating from them - question is - should I inject this week with such a high risk of catching Covid as medication lowers my already disfunctional immune system- any thoughts?

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 791
    edited 17. Sep 2021, 19:25

Hi @shivywivy

Welcome to the online community, great to see you posting.

You ask if you should have your antiTNF as although you are isolating from your husband and daughter who have covid you are concerned about lowering your immune system because of it.https://creakyjoints.org/living-with-arthritis/coronavirus/treatments/tumor-necrosis-factor-biologics-covid-19/

I have found a link above that may help you decide. It would be good to talk to others on our forums they know your concerns and all have forms of arthritis and understand what you are going through.

You could always ring your GP or surgery and ask their advice.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Hi @shivywivy

Thank you for posting on the helpline forum. I'm sorry for the late reply to you.

Thank @Chris_R for your reply.

I hope you were able to contact your GP and gain some clarity on whether to use your medication, and talk about your concerns over catching covid.

You are very welcome to call us on our freephone helpline: 0800 5200 520 so you can talk things through with one of our helpline team. 

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Sarah

Helpline Team