Hello, I'm struggling with OA of the knee

Options
JayneyN
JayneyN Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi. I've recently been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knee, sadly stage 4. I'm on a waiting list for a steroid injection, currently a 14 week wait and then full knee replacement. I'm currently 5 millionth in the queue!

I'm taking Naproxen and paracetamol but finding it tough going especially at night. Any tips or suggestions gratefully received!!

Many thanks

Jayne

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 884
    Options

Hello @JayneyN and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have osteoarthritis in your knee and are awaiting treatment, it really does take a long time these days, but hang on in there. I also see that you are taking Naproxen and Paracetamol but this isn't giving you all the relief that you want, especially at night. Have you been back to your GP to see if there is anything else you could try?

Our website contains a lot of useful information and also a good search function and I would suggest having a look around it. To help I've highlighted a couple of links below.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you get on and I am sure others will connect with you to share their experiences as well.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• JayneyN
    JayneyN Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thank you so much for your warm welcome Peter. I will read these articles. I'm currently waiting to speak to my GP having spent half an hour filling out an e-consult! Nothing seems to be straightforward these days!!

Many thanks, Jayne