If its not in my arms its in my legs

What a strange alien malady. First go it was everywhere and I couldn't move without pain. Now If it's not in my arms aching its in my hands, if its not in my hands its in my knees, if it's not in my knees its in my legs like its crawling around and trying to find somewhere to hide. What on earth is it doing.

Comments

• airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579

Yep, I recognise that, just arther bu£&5ng us about! On a more practical note I believe it’s the pain that hurts most that we notice more. Often I get severe pain in one place and it blocks all the other pain reception.

pits a grin, honest!

• Baloo
    Baloo Member Posts: 385

Thats helpful @airwave cus if my knees hurt I might ignore that my arms hurt, and that could mean big trouble for arms. Well spotted.

• Same. When it’s in my legs I wish it was back in my arms.. but then when it’s back in my arms I hate it even more. I currently have it in arms and legs which is fun

• Baloo
    edited 15. Oct 2021, 07:37

@RavenHairedPixie @airwave I got somewhere and nowhere. I corrected the posture at my shoulders, gaining a significant improvement, so I will pass on that tip, and now ever since 12mins of stepper exercise a month ago, It's in my knees all the time as a stiffness in the morning, where it never was before, so it must have been fragile and thats another tip.

• Yes it loves to move about a lot! First knees, worst ankles, then fingers now hips. Resting up the effected area but with gentle movement works well for me. Often it plays the hop from side to side game. Favourite is left ankle - right ankle. I try to keep the exercise varied and not overwork one area. I think this works for me as it is my ligaments that get inflamed with Psoriatic Arthritis - later causing joint damage that doesn't go away. So be gentle on the area that is inflamed and keep the rest moving in a varied way is my way playing it at its own game .

• Tenbydog
    Tenbydog Member Posts: 4

Have.you.tried.the.creams.and.hot.bath.?.it's.no.joke.is.it.my.nights.are.long.because.i.cantsleep.due.to.restlesness.in.my.legs.

• Baloo
    edited 13. Jun 2023, 19:10

No.I.didn't.try.the.bath.and.and.creams.yet.just.resting.and.sleeping.the.aches.and.pains.away.they.come.and.go.like.there.is.a.pain.threshold.suddenly.felt.better.this.morning.woke.up.without.wanting.to.go.back.to.bed.again.its.weird.

• Baloo

Gradually getting used to which bits of me want to ache for how long. My arms only stop aching if I stop using them, and then I can come off painkillers. Some aches only last a week. My foot pain comes and goes depending on how much walking or how much wiggling through tight spaces. Something always has to ache.