Drugs and Medication

Hi

My Rhuematologist wants to prescribe JYSELECA (Filgotinib)

Anybody heard of it/taking it ?

Any opinions/ side effects?

Rhonda

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 947

Hi @Rhon and welcome to the online community,

Jyseleca (Filgotinib) is a new drug to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis. It was launched in Japan in late 2020 and it's one of a range of JAK inhibitors. These are targeted therapies that can be taken in tablet form. There's some more information from the NRAS website below on JAK inhibitors, , although Jyseleca is so new it isn't yet mentioned.:

It will be interesting to hear if other members have experience of taking this drug - or you might be leading the way and be able to tell us all about it! Our members in the community will certainly be interested I'm sure.

I hope your treatment goes well and I look forward to hearing more about it, and it would be good to hear more about your diagnosis and how this affects your daily life.

Anna (mod) : )

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Rhon
    Rhon Member Posts: 3

Thanks Anna

Feel like a guinea pig !!

Will keep you posted.

Rhonda

• Melissa26
    Melissa26 Member Posts: 7

Hi,

I have also just been prescribed this drug, can I ask how you are finding it? I am quite anxious to start it as I have found through covid I have experienced a high level of health anxiety which I have not had before!

Hope the drug has helped you.

Thanks,

Melissa