Interesting Covid Vacine video from NRAS

This video from the National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society is from the end of September but well worth a look.

https://www.facebook.com/nationalrheumatoidarthritissociety/videos/1746866062189848

It has been posted on facebook so im not sure if it can be viewed if you do not have an account but worth a try. as of yet i cant hunt it down on youtube.

Comments

• scotleag
    scotleag Member Posts: 84

I'm not on Facebook. I caught the first few seconds before the screen went black and the 'you must log in to continue watching' message came up. There does seem to be a rather general assumption that everyone uses facebook. I doubt very much if I'm alone in not only not being on it but do not WANT to be on it. Shame it's not on YouTube which allows everyone to watch without demanding the amount of intrusive personal information Facebook does.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

This is brilliant and confirms that for those who are immunosuppressed will get 4 vaccinations, but they will all be the same.

So the third vaccination is the same just have it if you are called and you will be called for a 4th.

Thank you so much @MrDJ

• MrDJ
    MrDJ Member Posts: 273

totally agree

Totally agree. ive wondered many times why a lot use facebook and not also youtube.

I will try my techy skills and see if i can grab the code and download the video. then i will add it to my youtube page and post the link here for you.

your welcome @frogmorton glad its helped in some way with all the confusion.

as i mentioned a few weeks ago it does seem to be exactly the same thing and only in the written word on the vacine card is the difference. mine says booster so i guess in 6 months i will have fun trying to explain that actually it should of been registered as full primary dose and not booster and now 6 months later i now need a booster.

• MrDJ

@frogmorton after many attempts i think its worked.

could you please check for me if the video plays via youtube which will make it much more accessible for those that do not use facebook

• scotleag

Thank you very much @MrDJ That worked perfectly on YouTube and very informative it was too.

• frogmorton

By the time it's time for the next jab I am hoping 'they' will all understand who needs a 4th one! Fingers crossed and thank you for going to this trouble for everyone @MrDJ

• scotleag

Three jabs for people on methotrexate is equivalent to two is the message I took from the video. Yesterday came news that two AZ jabs are worthless against symptomatic infection from the omicron variant and Eleanor Riley, professor of immunology & infectious was on Radio 4's Today programme and widely quoted in the press as saying we're all "very likely" to contract the variant "in the next couple of weeks unless you are living the life of a hermit"

Depressing to put it mildly

• frogmorton

Gosh glad I didn't hear that @scotleag !

That is the message i took form the video too that more is needed of the vaccine for most of us lot 👍️

• scotleag

Back to shielding for me, regardless of any official advice. This variant may well prove to be milder for most but at the rate of transmission it's going to be damned difficult for CEV to avoid catching it.

• MrDJ

i havnt stopped sheilding since it started. been working from home for 19 months as working in one of the worst hit hospitals in the uk it was way too risky for me to mix. back in june i started going in on a saturday off my own back to help clear the backlog but dont get paid which is a downer. at least its a bit safer with only 3-4 staff while during week there is around 300 that continuously walk past my desk which is in an open area.

• scotleag

It is different in Scotland. In this NRAS video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlswEXDPEro Stefan Siebert Professor of Inflammation Medicine and Rheumatology at Glasgow Uni says the PCR kits aren't being sent out in Scotland.

• MrDJ
    edited 1. Jan 2022, 17:00

Thanks for posting this update @scotleag

edit

if the link doesnt work for some here is the embeded link.

• jennand
    jennand Member Posts: 131

There is some information about the updated schedule for the 4th vaccination. I’ve tried to get this information from various sources as I want to know when I can have it, but up to now, nobody seemed to know. I was reading about this study when I stumbled on the new schedule information contained in the body of the text.

www.ukri.org

I tried to copy the link directly but couldn’t make it work.

Anyway, the 4th vaccine should be given 3 months after the 3rd.

• MrDJ

i couldnt find anything on that page but thanks for trying.