Hello everyone

P1nkJay
P1nkJay Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

I have Osteoarthritis in most joints and now the pain management team I am under thinks I also have Fibromyalgia.

On top of these i am type 2 diabetic, have high cholesterol tinitus, migraines and an underactive Thyroid. In other words am a bit of a mess 😂.

I would love to join a support group in my area if possible so I don't feel quite so alone.

Thanks 😀

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317

Hello @P1nkJay

Welcome to the online community and thank for sharing your story with us.

So you have osteoarthritis in mmost of your joints and the pain team you are under have advised that they think you also have Fibromyalgia. You have a number of other health concerns including diabetes type 2 and an underactive thyroid. Youre looking to join a local support group to help with feeling less alone.

I personally feel like youve taken such an important step in helping yourself by even thinking about joining a local support group, so well done. I know that in my local area most support groups are still meeting online which is a nice way of introducing yourself before actually meeting in peraon. They arent all the same though so if you follow the link below, it will take you to the main versus arthritis website and the form you need to fill in. Once youve done that, someone will be in touch with you to get the ball rolling so to speak.

Ive also included a link below that will give you a bit of information about Fibromyalgia. You may have seen it before, but if not, I hope that you will find it helpful.

Please do keep on posting in the community and keep us updated. It may not be the same as face to face groups, but we are a friendly bunch here, always looking to make new friends and can offer you support if and when you need us.

Take care

Anne (Moderator)