Do pain relief patches work for you?

Hi,

I am new here and I'm trying to find out whether pain relief patches can help manage the pain. If you tried them please let me know if you found them useful or if they don't do much difference for the pain. Also, if so, what time of the day do you use the patch and for how many hours?

Comments

• jeddison1985
    jeddison1985 Member Posts: 211

Hi @mel2 firstly let me welcome you to the forum I hope you find the information and support you are after from our wonderful community.

I can see from your post that you are after more information on pain relief patches. It would increase your chances of getting a really good response to your question if you were able to say what condition you are hoping to manage by the patches? This will help others with similar experiences find you and share their stories.

The site is full of information and I wanted to signpost you to information about the use of Opioid painkilling patches.

Also here is a link to a historic thread around the subject of pain patches that may help connect you with people with relevant experiences.

Please feel free to search the forum for others with similar experiences and I am sure that some of our community will be able to help offer some useful suggestions.

Take care and I hope you get some answers soon.

Thanks

Joe

• mel2
    mel2 Member Posts: 3

Interested in finding out if any over-the-counter patch would help with topical pain from OA.

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

No!

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

Hi @mel2

(I am sorry they didn't help you Mike. Your OA is very widespread and severe though).

I have used both the heat patches that you can buy almost anywhere they do ease the pain a bit, but not completely. they are fairly cheap and I think you can buy some with anti-inflammatory in them now too. I know someone who swears by tose, but remember you can't take the oral anti-inflams at the same time. If you can afford them why not chat to your pharmacist and see what they say. They will also make sure they don't interact with your existing meds.

I have also tried prescription opioid pain patches they do something for definite, but GP only not OTC.

Good luck and let us know how it goes