Hello

Options
AnthTee
AnthTee Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

I’m Anne aged 75 and live on Scotland’s West Coast. I have had fibromyalgia for many yrs but my joints and spine are arthritic. I had my right hip replaced in 2018. In 2019 my left hip, knee and foot became very painful and I started falling as my leg just gives way. I have seen Orthopaedic surgeon in September 2020 and he told me my hip wasn’t ready yet and an MRI scan showed my lower spine is degenerative as well fused disc that is nipping nerves..I have allergies to many antibiotics and prescribed drugs/ pain killers leaves me with little or no pain relief that works.. life is so limited.

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 968
    Options

Hello Anne @AnthTee and a warm welcome to the online community,

You have been living with fibromyalgia for many years and are now experiencing more pain from your arthritic joints. Your allergies to antibiotics and prescribed pain medications mean that you aren't finding much pain relief. it's understandable that you feel that life is limited for you at the moment.

You've made a wise decision by joining the online forum. Everyone here is friendly and supportive and can understand what you're going through. I'm sure there are members who will respond to your post with their own experiences of how they have managed their pain. If you'd like to talk to someone, our Helpline is available to call from 9am-6pm from Monday to Friday. They're not medically trained, but can give you advice and emotional support. Sometimes just being able to chat to someone sympathetic can make all the difference.

Also, Versus Arthritis has an excellent webpage about different ways you can help manage your pain. You might like to have a look at some of the suggestions it offers to see if there's anything that might help you.

When you feel up to it, perhaps you could have a look round the forum and join in any conversations you feel comfortable with.

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options

Hi @AnthTee

Sounds as though you have a lot going on there I hope you will get that hip reviewed at some point a lot can happen in a year.

I am pleased to see you have found us at least we understand pain like no-one else as we have it too. Quite a lot of us have fibro as well.

Do have a look around and join in wherever you fancy you are sure of a warm welcome.

Take care