Val's Cafe

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Hi Mike I have my shopping order coming this morning only one thing missing I believe 🤞 What goodies will you and Sue be having today? Better warm up your vocal chords!😉

Well done on only having one item missing on your shopping. I got a bit of fruit cake at the village shop yesterday so we will be munching on that with a brew later. Vixen is fine, she has altered her daily routine now, she has two breakfasts and then crashes out on the bed about 8am until 1pm then she goes out for half an hour before returning to bed where she stays until about 5pm; she then goes out until midnight-ish then comes to bed lying on my legs until about 3am then goes out again until breakfast. Today, of course, will be different when Sue gets the vacuum out! Have a good one peeps.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I'm sorry you feel like that ((())) we love you and we would miss you if you did not come on here anymore.

It can be so hard to cope with things you need to laugh to help get through it all ((())) and the pain can be very trying that wears you out ((())) love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) that was a long drive for Mr B ((())) and I bet he was worried ((())) hope they soon let him know. Love to your son (((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your niece ((())) and her fiancé ((()))

Reshmi ((())) Good luck with your injections ((())) we had our flu jab when we had our booster we haven't got any snow. Take care

Toni ((())) that's nice you could go for a walk with P's ((())) daughter and the dogs ((())) how are your pains now. Love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and your lovely neighbours (())))

Mike ((())) have a good day and vixen

Love to Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    edited 1. Dec 2021, 13:07

Morning, sorry to be so miserable. Part of the reason is Chris, he doesn't cope with stress and tends to take it out on me. It was dad's birthday - 91 yesterday, 91 yesterday, he 's got the key to the door, and so do his carers! Sorry, couldn't resist it.

Reshmi, TB ot Typhoid! That must heve been awful for mum. 🧡

Barbara, I can remember big family get togethers when young. We lived next door to gran and granddad and all relatives lived nearby - not like now!

Antoinette, yes I did feel Sleek's paws round me.very comforting. Your snow was far worse than ours, but then we live near the powe station at Ratcliffe on Soar so it keeps the area warmish.

I suppose that will disappear at some point.

Turmeric and ginger butter bean stew

From Olive magazine

Nourish yourself with a big bowl of our butter bean and kale stew with a zingy ginger, turmeric and creamy coconut milk broth. Perfect for us arthritics.

Ingredients

• rapeseed oil ½ tbsp
    • onion 1, finely sliced
    • garlic 2 cloves, sliced
    • ginger thumb-sized piece, peeled and cut into matchsticks
    • ground turmeric 2 tsp
    • ground coriander 1 tsp
    • butter beans 2 x 400g tins, drained and rinsed
    • lighter coconut milk 200ml
    • fresh vegetable stock 200ml
    • kale 180g, shredded
    • lime 1, cut into wedges to serve

Method

• STEP 1
    • Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-low heat and fry the onion for 15 minutes until lightly golden and tender. Season with salt, then add the garlic and ginger. Fry for another 4-5 minutes or until the ginger is lightly golden. Stir in the turmeric and coriander, then add the beans, coconut milk and stock.
    • STEP 2
    • Simmer for 10 minutes, then stir in the kale and cover with a lid. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the kale has wilted. Remove the lid and cook for a further 2-3 minutes to reduce the stew, if you like. Season again and serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.

FIELD DOCTOR-SWEET POTATO +SPINACH KORMA

Roasted sweet potato, spinach, aubergine and potato in a rich, creamy & aromatic brazil nut, coconut milk & almond curry sauce with steamed whole grain rice and red quinoa, topped with chopped brazil nuts. Low FODMAP.

From the IBS website https://www.theibsnetwork.org/shop/food-drink £5.95

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 3,947

hi Toni, how are you today that’s good about the flu jab, I have confused myself I think, lol, i’ve checked my diary and Corona booster is on Thursday for me and the flu jab is later on at The chemist, I agree about us needing for needing jabs asap, though I do worry a bit because the chemist is in the town centre, congested area , not very safe in some ways but at least the jab will be done quickly. You can come with me if you want to the vaccines, lol, but they don’t really bother me so much th, town centre thing I’ll get over it , but it’s not really ideal is it ? there are chemists much nearer me but everything is booked up, has for been for thousands of centuries it seems, haha, but thanks for offering 😄. The brownie mix company is called theskinnyfoodco.com if remember correctly, I think you can just search under “low sugar brownie mix”, i’ve got it in the sale, but whether they’re still on special offer I’m not quite sure , but they’re worth paying a bit extra for, in my opinion anyway. Yes it is very sweet and moving about LA and also upsetting when he misses us so much but, he also does recover soon from his bad moods thanks but yes sweet things definitely seem to help. On the subject of the babies, baby R has hand foot and mouth disease which my mum said isn’t serious and is something he probably caught from the nursery so that’s probably why the first Covid test was just about positive so basically baby R is not that well at the moment but it’s not serious and he will get over it soon bless him. Thanks about the info about ready Brek I checked again on the supermarket websites, did indeed find ready Brek on Tesco site today, I think they probably they’d just run out at the first time I looked, so I def will try again thank you. Nice that you walked with P’s daughter, sorry about the dog Glad the dog he didn’t get lost in the end. That’s nice about the walking and the thermostat, lol! I really wish that I had full thermostat - control, lol. My arm is aching I had better stop now hi Barbara Kathleen Joan so this isn’t really a proper reply to all of you but I might try again later or possibly even tomorrow take care keep warm, love Reshmi xx.

• bosh

Hi Joan How are you and Sue? glad that you both had both jabs at the same time, things aren’t that organised down here unfortunately Joan, it’s one jab then another, then check texts this that, lol, never mind, thanks about my jabs, good that you didn’t have any snow take care have a nice night. Xx

• bosh

Hi Kathleen how are you? thanks about my mum yes, it must’ve been extremely traumatic for her she also told me that when she had the illness she wasn’t at home so her aunt took care of her and she couldn’t see her own mum for a really long time, it was very sad. Nice recipes turmeric nice and healthy. Sorry I’m almost falling asleep here so I’d better sign off on it for now, lol, have a good night take care Kathleen. Xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 1. Dec 2021, 07:34

Morning everyone!

If any of you have me on FACEBOOK do not click on any links I have sent you it wasn't me it's a hacker!!

Mike fruit cake? Lovely very good with a cuppa

Unfortunately the missing item was for my neighbour who I also shop for so more annoying than if it was for us. I don't like letting people down. Vixen's new 'winter' routine sounds good bless her especially sleeping with her Dad💗

Joan I find my pain usually fairly constant except when it plays me up and then I know about it. Walking helps my back though. How about you how is your pain at the moment? ((())) xxx for you and Sue.

Kitty so good to see you. I can understand why you would get down if Chris takes it out on you when he feels rubbish. Not fair really and you are trapped in the house together. Sleek has read this and nipped straight into her ickle house emerging with Tosca's spell book. She is making up two vials one containing 'grumpy husband potion' one 'patience potion' you never know....

That bean stew is for me 100% I think Paul will like it too I will give it a go I think 😋thank you very muchly!

91! Your Dad is 91 he is pretty well amazing I think bless him. Yes I would have sung too

"91 Today 91 Today

He's got the key of the door never been 91 before"🎵

We did have a power station too about maybe 10 miles away it was taken down last year so sad 😔

Morning Reshmi that is not great the chemist being in an area with potentially germy people. Still you will be in and out and you will mask up I am sure. This is it we need our flu jabs end of September I think. It seems to take longer for the 'jabbers' to get hold of under 65's vaccines for some reason.

You are not going to believe what I found in my store cupboard.....I think it's your brownie mix Lucy had bought one! I can't have it - it contains milk in the mix. I will post a photo in a minute so you can see. I'll get her to make it up for everyone else to enjoy.

A sweet treat usually calms little ones down and I'm sure there's no real harm - your sister doesn't let him have loads of sweets does she? Oh dear me poor baby R! He is poorly then but at least not COVID. I had a friend whose nice got that I think your mum is right it's not too serious and he will almost certainly have got it at nursery bless him😕

I'm so glad you found the ready brek! It is a good food for keeping us full for longer. Paul says I am not properly 'lagged' as far as either being too hot or too cold😁

If you're In Barbara I hope all is well with you all.

What happened at Mr B's consultation? Any idea of time-scale?

I am starting to have a lot of dreams about P which are upsetting. Not bad dreams just reminding me she isn't here which is sad I think it's because the funeral is tomorrow.

Love to everyone

cheesy beans on toast!

• Kitty

Good morning all, the blood nurse SHOULD co,e this week - maybe today? Weare suppised to be having pur flu jab soon too.but I'm still sneezing all over the place and so is Chris. Do you think they'll mind? 😏

Reshmi, I like the look of those Brownies, how did they end up in Toni's cupboard? ☺️ I hope nany R starts to feel better soon. 💕

Antoinette, yes 91, he'll soon be as old as his late mum was,she was 99 or 100, I'm not sure. Here are his latest photos. Quite a pin up isn't he.

I'm looking forward to Sleek;s new potions. Thanks chuck.

Another meal from the IBS website.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I'm glad you feel a bit brighter ((())) when are you having your DEXA scan and your other appointment

Happy Birthday for your Dad's birthday yesterday ((())) I bet he's seen a lot of changes in the world. our gran and auntie live close when we were small. love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your dad ((()))

Toni ((())) it must be hard your mind is on tomorrow I will be thinking about it and you things can be hard P was a kind well loved lady of the village (((())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Reshmi ((())) have a good day take care

Barbara (((())) love to all of you ((()))

Love to Mike and vixen ((()))

love to Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280

Afternoon all

Mr B shoukd hear soming in Feb March.. the consultant said its has bad as they get .. so much going on our eldest son has been admitted to hospital his oxigen is 72...might be long covid but not sure yet

Toni I will be thinking of you tomorrow..hope I have the right date my brain is like a seive at the min ..what time is the funeral I will light a candle xxx sorry I can't read all the post but hope all is well at yours xx

Joan yes the hospital is a few miles through bad traffic..bit such a goid hospital ..they are saying Feb march with the backlog ...not to bad love to all if you xx

Reshmi we always had readybrek..most places sell it ..I love it in winter..glad the little ones are ok ..bet they love there auntie xx

Kath your dad looks so well for his age ..how nice it must have been to live si near your family ..in thoes day they supported one another ..sorry you are having a bad time x

sorry for the short post

Love to all

Xx xxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • bosh
    edited 1. Dec 2021, 14:54

Hi there Tony I don’t have to the time to write a proper message right now, will try to do it later in the day, unfortunate about the brownie mix never mind oh no Facebook hacking, always a bit of a nuisance, have you tried changing your password? Thanks for your nice message Barbara, okay I’m stopping here not because I’m being rude so I’m just trying to have a shower and do normal things before one man rampage situation re- occurs, lol. Xx

• bosh

hi again Toni, I had my shower managed to have a bit of sleep or at least deep rest, so I’m feeling a bit more like a human being now, lol, true, town centre situation could be worse, coincidence about the brownie mix, lol, shame of course it wasn’t vegan, hope L likes it. True my sister does control True my sis does control LA’s diet quite well, it’s my dad who feeds him rubbish thankfully he doesn’t live with him. True I did find R Brek, thank you but my dad had filled the house with millions of cereals that only he eats so I can’t order it for a white, typical. I’m leaving it there because I did have a good sleep for a rest true but myi seem to have slept on one of my arms so I’m trying not to waffle on and on and on, bye take care. X

• bosh

Hi Kathleen thanks about the brownie mix and baby R hope you feel better soon take care. X

• bosh

Hi Joan thanks for your message hope you and Sue are okay ? I’m not too bad thanks after apart from having slept on one of my arms, lol, not extremely bad but I haven’t done any neck physio today so I don’t want to rouse the neckache Demon tempt him with treats or whatever bye for now. Tc. Xx

• bosh

Hi Barbara thanks again for your nice message yeah it’s weird about RB you know, I too used to have it as a kid but I just haven’t seen it around recently but yes, website all is okay when my dad’s cereal addiction has gone, lol. Sorry about your eyes it must be hard to endure, advise my mum has her cataract surgery date 11th December, thank God for that, Anyway I can’t waffle on and on now even though I would like to because of the neckache Demon that I am trying not to her rouse, as it were, okay bye for now chat later take care have a nice evening. Xx

• crinkly
    crinkly Member Posts: 144

Now we have moved into December I decided to butt in and wish you all the very best for your Christmas preparations and plans. I do hope you are able to cope with all the tasks you want to do between bouts of illness and in spite of pain and restricted mobility.

With so much uncertainty hanging around we can take nothing for granted and, like some of you, I have everything possible metaphorically crossed that our elder son and family manage to get here from Dubai when their school term ends. It will be their first time back in UK since Summer 2019 so we and the other grandparents wait with bated breath.

I still keep an eye on this forum even though I rarely have anything pertinent to contribute but I feel to know you all a little and think of you when you have special concerns. eg I empathise with Toni's dreams as her brain adjusts to her recent loss and will remember her specially on Thursday. I hope the service is a true celebration of a life well lived.

Take care, split the festive jobs into manageable portions and all will be well, I'm sure.

Crinkly 🎅

• frogmorton

Morning everyone!

We have more SNOW!!!!!!!!!! what?! We do not need that today. Not too much so fingers crossed shouldn't cause too much trouble for today.

How lovely to see @crinkly ! A VERY merry Christmas to you too. Breaking down the jobs is the answer for definite and the same goes for you, break it all down with a sincere wish for not too much pain.

I do hope your family can get over here and COVID does not prevent you and the other Grandies from seeing them all🤞 It has been far too long it really has.

PLEASE do pop in any time you are very welcome even if you only want to say hello

Thank you the dreams will pass in time last night was the worst I gave in and got up at 4. I expect tonight to be bad too. I know 100% that our friend's send off will be wonderful the photo I took of P at Tia's wedding in August 2019 is on the front of the order of service the Church is filled to the rafters with flowers in her colours.

Morning to you Kitty how did the potions work? Sleek says if Chris' doesn't work after a few days you can double the dose.🤭 She said she came over this morning but you were both asleep so she just tucked you in and came home again. She has printed of the picture of herself stirring her pot!

Your Dad absolutely does NOT look 91! I bet all the ladies are after him! I suspect he will manage at least 99 the way he is going if he behaves himself and stops waving watering cans in the garden of course.

I expect the nurse will assess how well you both are when she sees you, but not sure whether you can have your flu jab if you aren't well. Especially you.

Morning Joan. Today we will lay P to rest and hopefully those who loved her, including myself, will be able to start to recover from her loss. Thank you ((())) xxx

Barbara I am so sorry to hear about your eldest! You must be so worried about him. I do hope he picks up soon and is safely back at home. This virus must be taken so seriously by everyone I have everything crossed for him and you all. His daughter will be glad she is at least here nearby.

February/March then for mr B 'as bad as it gets' that sounds tough the poor man😕

Thank you the Church service is at 12 here opposite our bungalow.

Hi Reshmi how are you today? Well I hope that deep rest/sleep yesterday after you shower will ahve done you good.. You know yesterday another neighbour called round with some money she owes for P's Christmas cards and told me her daughter (24) has PsA! that's a shock I didn't know. She's quite new to the village and wondered if she and Lucy could become friends.

It's good that your sister controls Baby R's diet I think we used to have far too many sweets when I was little and it can't be good for us at all can it? Grandparents are allowed to spoil Grandchildren so you Dad can carry on😉 How is he (Baby R) doing?

I was a bit disappointed about the brownies but they do look lovely i will get Lucy on to them once the funeral is all over maybe next week. I am glad you will be able to get yourself some ready brek as soon as you get ride of some of your Dad's 🥣 cereals!

Hope you can do your physio today.

Hi to Mike I hope all is well with you and Vixen? My poor puss is fuming again there is snow, but not too much it needs to GO!!!

Take care everyone

posh breakfast this morning - kedgeree

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Barbara ((())) I'm sorry your son could have that wrong I hope not. That's quite a while Mr B has to wait ((())) now he knows what your pain was like. take care love to your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your niece ((())) and her fiancé ((()))

Toni ((())) we will all be thinking about P((())) and you at 12 00 sorry you have more snow ((())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Hello Crinkly ((())) it's nice to hear from you have a lovely Christmas (((()))

Kath (((())) I had a sore throat hen I had my flu jab and the booster she said its alright if you haven't got a temperature. Love to all ((()))

Mike have a good day and vixen

Reshmi ((())) have a good day take care

Love to Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty

Morning, lovely sunny day, no snow here. 🙂I had my blood test yesterday, I have 2 nurses, Jo and Nurse X, I couldn't promounce it.

Morning Crinkly, it's always nice to hear from you. It doesn't matter if you've nothing to tell us, We only waffle or moan anyway, especially me. I think I'm in my dotage!

Reshmi, I hope Baby R and Lord A are well, and I hope your neck isn't toobad today.

Joan, I have to wait until they send me another appiontment for my DEXA, I'll post it when it arrives.

Barbara. I'm sorry to heae about your son. Poor Mr B, he has a long wait.

Antoinette.the potions seem to have worked, Chris is much calmer today/ I'm having trouble with my Sacro Iliac jpints. Painful to sit and stand! 😫 What did you think of the IBS meals I sent?

Vegan Cassoulet with White Beans & Garlic Breadcrumbs

This vegan cassoulet with white beans and garlic breadcrumbs is the epitome of healthy cool weather comfort food without any meat! Author: Abbey Sharp, Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), food writer and blogger, author, TV and radio personality, new mom, and the founder of Abbey’s Kitchen Inc.

Ingredients

Topping:

Casserole:

• 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
    • Pinch each of salt and pepper
    • 1 1/2 cups of thinly sliced onions
    • 2 zucchini diced
    • 2 cloves garlic minced
    • 1 tsp dried herbs de Provence
    • bay leaf
    • 4 leaves sprigs of thyme only
    • 14 1/2 oz can of diced tomatoes
    • Pinch each of salt and pepper
    • 2 cans white beans Cannellini, Navy or Great Northern, 19 oz cans, drained and rinsed
    • 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    • 1 cup baby spinach leaves finely chopped

Polenta:

Instructions

• Heat 2 tsp of olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add in the breadcrumbs and garlic, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Stir until combined and crumbly, mix with the parsley and then set aside.
    • Return the pot to the low heat, add in a teaspoon of oil and then add in the onions. Sauté over low heat until caramelized and golden, about 45-50 minutes. Add in the zucchini and cook 2 minutes, until lightly golden. Add in garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add in the herbs, bay leaf, thyme, and the tomatoes with their juice, and season with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
    • Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low, add in the white beans and balsamic, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
    • Meanwhile, bring the polenta water to a boil in a small saucepot. While whisking gently, pour in the polenta in a steady stream and whisk until thickened. Reduce the heat to low for about 30 minutes, whisking very hard every 5-10 minutes to make sure you get all the bits off the corners and bottom of the pan. Add in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
    • Five minutes before you're ready to serve, stir the spinach leaves into the cassoulet until wilted. Then divide the polenta between four bowls, top with the bean cassoulet and a generous sprinkling of garlic breadcrumbs.

White Beans

• bosh

Hi Toni how are you ? sorry to hear there’s a bit of snow where you are hopefully it’s not too much I know it’s a difficult day for you today as it’s the day of P’s funeral, I really hope it goes as well as it can do. My jab today just before lunchtime in the town centre, it went okay I suppose Inever really like going to the town centre because there’s so many people in these Covid times but at least it’s over now 😄. I’ve the neck physio thanks for asking, baby R is ok now thanks, he’s back at nursery, but unfortunately LA has got fever now, my mum has got extremely worried about it and is in a terrible mood despite her cataract surgery date coming up the 11th of this month, I could write more about this but trying to keep it short right now are still feeling a bit tired post due to the jab, The Lord a gym for you he said once “I like most of the children at nursery but I don’t like Jane because she hit my face when I was having curry”, bless little Jane there is a strong modern woman if ever I’ve seen one 💪, lol. She’s a braver woman than I am that’s for sure, lol, to come between skinny little LA and his disproportionate love of food, haha. Okay onto other the subjects now still not quite hundred percent with energy wise, The coat issue, decided to wear the old coat even though it’s heavier then an extra large cream - filled macaron, lol, because it’s so warm that I don’t have to wear lots of layers underneath so basically it was more convenient today, ended up feeling rather cold due to the outer layer- zip problem, but luckily my dad gave me a lift very grumpy and reluctantly, but he did it was nice of him so it wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been. Okay well all I’ve got to left to say is hi Kathleen Barbara Joan Hope you’re all well or as well as can be expected? better go for now may return later, I’ll see how the old energy levels are, bye for now keep warm take care. Xx

• frogmorton

Morning everyone :)

All is well now yesterday went of without a hitch around 170 people attended. The service was just beautiful 😓The sun shone for P and on us all. Didn't get home until after choir had started so didn't go. I will send anyone who wants to see a photo of P via PM she was just lovely - a proper '60s chick'!!

Joan thank you so much for thinking of me I could feel you all there with me. My poor poor lovely neighbour was devastated as the district nurse was so late she missed the service😠 Luckily of course it was filmed for those outside so i think she can see it today. Love to you and Sue I hope you get out for your cafe trip maybe today? ((())) xxx

Morning Kitty my lovely I hope your sacroiliac joint is not so back today Sleek has brought you a rubber ring. She wouldn't have it that I said it probably won't help bless her

🙄

She thought Chris' potion would work and says you have plenty so pop some in his tea PRN!

Were those recipes for IBS???!! Gosh well in that case that is even better than I thought thank you so much they were great.😋 I intend to make the vegan cassoulet today's offering. With some lovely bread I suppose white it seems better for the belly. I really like herbs de provence so I know it will be tasty.

Two nurses came! How lovely I am pleased. Did you see my lovely neighbour's DN was late resulting in her missing P's service🙄 He dashed over (I say dashed he is on the list for his hip!) but hopefully as it was filmed for outside in the marquee she may yet see it. The Dr is going to read his wonderful eulogy to her personally at home today. She will be in bits.

Morning Reshmi. I am glad Dad took you into town for your vaccine even if he was grumpy it will have helped make the process easier. How is your arm is it a bit sore today? Very wise to wear the thicker coat so access to your arm was quicker and you could be done soonest! I loved the macaron analogy for how much heavier the coat is though!!

Great news that Baby R is now safely back at nursery (where no doubt it started) sounds like poor Lord A is starting with it now too bless him though 😕 We do indeed have a strong woman prepared to stand between Lord A and is food that has to be the funniest story😁 Not his fault his disproportionate love of food - it's genetic on his Father's side🤭

Hope you can do your neck physio today fingers 🤞 crossed and maybe your energy levels are better. If they aren't just take it steady ((())). I hope Mum is feeling ok about her cataract surgery she is maybe feeling nervous and of course worried about her precious Grandchildren. Does she have to self-isolate?

Mike I do hope all is well with you and Vixen you have been quiet this week. Sending ((())) to you and a chin scritch for Vixen.

Right breakfast....what shall it be?

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kath (((())) I'm sorry you have a problem with your sacroiliac joint it must be very uncomfortable I hope it calms down soon. Good Chris is feeling better (())) love to Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Toni ((())) yes can I see it please ((())) I'm pleased it went well very upsetting for you ((())) sorry your neighbour ((())) missed it because of the nurse turned up late. Not long now to Charley's and Annie's wedding ((())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((())) The council are going to close the subway we use so we won't be able to go to town by our scooters our up the fields or to the vets. they are doing a crossing but so many have been injured sue won't use it.

Reshmi thats good you've had your flu jab. ((())) take care all of you.

Barbara (((()))love to all of you (((()))

Mike have a good day and vixen ((()))

Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi Toni thanks for your Nice message. Yes arm is sore I’m not really feeling that great tbh, but I have had some Paracetamol and that seems to have helped a little bit thank you. Glad you liked the curry story, lol, oh yes maybe genetic but I’ll keep that quiet, lol. Very nice to hear from you Barbara, yes I have had booster jab and I’m not feeling that great can’t last too long, 😄. Okay that’s it for now trying to rest my arm and so on and so forth neck physio not done it yet as actually feeling pretty achy I’ll see how it goes bye for now ladies and Mike, take care.xx

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280

Afternoon all

Good news abd bad news Mr B has his preop next Friday he went white when he saw the letter but really is resigned

Our son is still in hospital they kero walking him up and down corridors but his oxigen drops quite low

crinkly its lovely to hear from you hope you can get yo see your family at Christmas xx

Toni how lovely if everyone involved in giving P a good send off..she really was loved ..you rest up now it was a long day xx

Joan thankyou again fir all the hugs you are both vary kind ..and cope with so much ((((()))) xx

Reshmi so LA was hit while eating his curry bless ...like you say a strong women in the making ..hope all goes well fir your mum..you take care xx

Kath thankyou ..I hope your sacro eases for you I had injections in mine many years ago and they worked bit can't have znymore due to my new hips ..I feel fir you

Thankyou for the recipes xx

Love to Mike abd Vixen

And all xxxxx x

Love
    Barbara
  • bosh
    edited 3. Dec 2021, 16:32

Hi Barbara thanks, my poor mum , Always putting herself last and she was of course understandably worried about Covid, but The doc said as things are as sAfe as they’re going to be now because she’s had all her jabs and her cataracts have got really bad now, so she really needs the surgery, my mum said to me that she can’t read watch television or do normal things, but she never told me this before, anyway thank goodness she’s having the surgery soon. Bye for now, Tc. X