Hello!

Options
Helsbells77
Helsbells77 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi! I'm Helen and I'm 44 and have just been diagnosed with RA. Struggling with the crippling fatigue and joint pain, particularly in my hands and wrists. Feeling a bit useless as I'm struggling to do basic things. Will be great to talk to people who are experiencing the same issues.

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317
    Options

Hello @Helsbells77

Welcome to the online community and thank you for joining us.

So you've recently been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. You are struggling with crippling fatigue and joint pain in your hands and wrists. You are also feeling like you are struggling with getting to grips with doing basic things and are feeling useless.

First of all, please try not to think of yourself has being useless! You've had a major life change with this diagnosis which is a lot to take in. Things are going to seem overwhelming at times, add that to the pain and fatigue you are feeling, things can seem too much.

Ive included a few of links below to information I think may be of use from our main Versus Arthritis website. I hope they are of some help to you and help to make things feel a bit easier for you.

I just wanted to add, from someone who has been dealing with RA for the majority of my life, things do get easier. It just takes time but you will get there!

Please do keep us up to date with how you are getting on.

Take care

Anne (Moderator)

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options

Hi @Helsbells77

Lovely to meet you and welcome to the forum from me too.

Having both inflammatory and Osteoarthritis now you have my sympathy.

I think the fatigue is almost the worst part in some respects. It's just ludicrous when you are flaring being virtually unable to stay awake is just bizarre.

All being well once your meds kick in properly these periods should be much much less.

I hope you decide to stay on the forum and join us regularly this is a lovely place to be.

Take care