Sharon is leaving

YvonneH
YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
edited 7. Feb 2023, 09:48 in News Archive

Our wonderful boss is leaving today.

Sharon has been with us for a good number of years on the Online Community, making it what it is today - a place of safety where anyone with or caring for someone with any arthritis or MSK condition can come to read, be supported and even to relax, knowing they are in a good place with lots of others just like them in so many ways.

Sharon has fought hard to make this community peer led - where you pick the topic and the content.

We will miss her so much, and I know you will want to wish her all the best in her retirement too.

Yvonne x

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 947

Thank you for all you’ve done for the online community, Sharon, and for us Mods too. Your calm and kind manner has made the community a great place to be for us all. We will miss you, but you deserve a wonderful retirement!

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

So sorry to hear you’re leaving Sharon, but I hope your new pastures will be enjoyable and rewarding, and that they value you as much as we have. This is one of the kindest, most helpful, friendly and supportive forums I’ve encountered, and helped me through some tricky stuff. Thanks for your input to make it that way.

all the best, LM xxx

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583

Tara mi duck. All the best, have a great life. But don’t forget us Arthirites.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Toodle pip! Thanks for everything.

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697

I'm sorry to read this. Sharon, I've always found you kind and helpful whenever I've contacted you. I hope that life after Versus Arthritis will be good to you. Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year.

P.S. We'll still let you post😁

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • crinkly
    crinkly Member Posts: 144

Congratulations on all you have achieved in your work for VA. I join all who are grateful for your help in wishing you the very happiest and longest of retirements.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

I will miss your lovely comments Sharon, but you deserve your retirement albeit (I am sure ) 'early'.

Take care enjoy your family and cat (I think you have a 😻) .

I very much hope you will pop by once in a while to see us you will be sorely missed here😕

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,591

I am quite upset to see you go Sharon I for one will miss the support you have given to us moderators and to the community in general.

Having said that you need to put yourself and your own family first sometimes.

Enjoy your retirement and maybe come back one day as a member!!!!

Love and best wishes

Ellen